Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2009
I have not finished reading this book yet but so far, it is so practical and makes so much sense of the changes needed to live a healthier life. There are some technical bits so it's not always a straight forward read but certainly worth buying if you want a definitive anti cancer recipe and life style.
on 12 January 2015
An excellent book, engagingly written by a very intelligent writer, A must have for anybody who wants to improve their chances of avoiding or surviving cancer by making lifestyle changes. I have recommended it to many of my friends, even those who don't have an illness and they have all enjoyed it
on 8 November 2013
I read the book and thought the content was really good.
However at the end when I googled the author, I realised he passed away from cancer.It was quite disheartening. I also read that though his thought process was good some of it was not backed by cancer experts.
on 5 January 2017
I purchased this book as I was keen to learn how better to improve my health. I have not finished it yet but so far it's been very informative. The book provides validated details that all make sense. I am looking forward to finishing the book and benefitting my body, my health and my life.
on 4 November 2013
Diet and lifestyle changes that may reduce your chances if developing cancer or prevent reoccurrence. Cancer is a multifactoral illness so following the changes suggested in the book come with no guarantees, but they are good, common sense guidelines that certainly can't do any harm.
on 2 May 2013
I would highly recommend this book to read for anyone who is suffering from or has suffered from Cancer. I would also recommend it for anyone who hasn't had cancer but would like to reduce the chances of them getting it. It will open your eyes and change you life.
on 22 May 2015
I haven't finished reading this book, which is the updated version, and already know this will be one of the best books I will read this year. Full of useful information, ready to be used, and with compassion, which is the missing link in a lot of us doctors !
on 12 January 2015
I bought this book after finding out I had cancer and have found it an incredible (if hard at times!) book to read! I'd highly recommend this to people with or without cancer though as it's an enlightening read about our health and diet in general. Very good!
on 19 June 2008
Servan-Schreiber tells us that this was the book he wishes he had had when he found out that he had brain cancer. I gave this book to my sister who is battling breast cancer in the hope that it would give her something to take her mind off of the constant stream of chemicals and drugs that she was taking. Her attitude has changed over night-she can't put the book down and whilst Anticancer does not (and the author is very clear about this) promise a 'cure' for cancer it provides tons of advice on how to keep your body healthy and give it the best fighting chance. And most importantly it talks about the importance of attitude in fighting cancer alongside what you eat.
The book has certainly changed her outlook and ours aswell.
on 21 February 2013
an inspiring book and one I go back to time and again. This book helped me and my family come to some terms with the awful situation of cancer - i highly recommend this book for anyone who is interested in eating and living a more healthy life-style