Top positive review
36 people found this helpful
10 reasons to buy this book
on 26 July 2010
10 reasons to buy this book (in no particular order):
1. The recipes are all very tasty*
2. The recipes are easy to make
3. The portion sizes are generous but not ridiculous
4. Fay doesn't add alcohol to any of her recipes (unlike other 'family' chefs)
5. Minimal washing-up afterwards i.e. you are not left to clearing up 10 pans and 40 utensils by the end of the night.
6. She provides pictures with all her recipes (don't laugh but I like to know what I'm aiming for aesthetically if nothing else)
7. She tells you how to make the recipes baby and toddler friendly
8. The preparation and cooking times are actually accurate
9. The intros are endearing and amusing. It is not pretentious.
10. The balance of recipes is good (very well laid out)
*I am an unenthusiastic cook at the best of times, yet I have been inspired to try out 6 recipes in 8 days. Nigella, Jamie and even my beloved Bill Granger have been unable to whip me into such a frenzy of activity. All 6 recipes were a success I might add.