TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 October 2008
Gary Rhodes's recipes are always absolutely amazing, but usually they are fiddly and take loads of ingredients and effort to do. This book is more along the lines of "Keep It Simple", but is even more aimed at the home chef than that book was. I respect Gary as a top class restaurant chef, but with this book you can make his versions of normal home cooking. I tried out the Macaroni Cheese recipe this evening. Instead of requiring a fiddly roux-based cheese sauce, his version has a much lighter, quicker whipped together sauce of creme fraiche and strong-flavoured cheese. It was ready almost instantly, and tasted much healthier and generally just better than other Macaroni cheese recipes. I will definitely make Macaroni Cheese like that from now on.

It isn't just nursery cooking, though; he has quick midweek suppers for one like stir fries and quick fish dishes - slighter posher menus for two; and then lengthier recipes again like roast lamb for weekends. There's also loads of breakfast ideas (even gammon and pineapple!) healthy lunches like grilled tuna with nicoise salsa; and afternoon tea. Everything sounds really tempting, but more importantly, you can really often buy all the ingredients in Sainsburys Local/Tesco Metro without having to trek to a "proper" supermarket. I am really excited about the idea of having a simple recipe book for everyday eating that actually tastes delicious. Well worth the money.
0Comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 May 2017
Excellent cookery book. Lot of easy to do everyday meals. Great value
on 3 March 2017
Good quality book
on 5 January 2009
This is a great book with great recipies but don't buy if you already have his "Keep it Simple" book as many of the recipies are repeated. I was pleased to receive this as a gift on christmas day but looking through it, was able to see my favourite recipies from keep it simple, like pork boulangerie, tuna with horseradish, burnt lamb, chicken livers with mincemeat were repeated. I feel a bit cheated rather than delighted now!
on 26 December 2008
I've always been a fan of Gary's but never to the extent that I've bought his books. This I got and it is great and there are so many recipes that I wish to try. Plus the bargain is quite a few have turned out to be lower fat ones or ones I can easily adjust to make lower in fat, etc. So, to me this is a great book which will be used to death.
on 1 February 2009
Gary Rhodes 365 is without doubt " the no 1 " cook book out there at the moment. Forget the Ramsey's of the world, this book gives you very simple instructions & fantastic recipe's. A menu for each day of the week, very simple but tasty food.
Rhodes is without doubt the best....!
on 19 January 2009
I got this book for Christmas

And it's already been a godsend. You can glam things up and most of the recipes are great for dinner party's - I know i'll be using it over and over again.

Would strongly recommend
on 11 February 2009
Brought this for my partner for Christmas. He has used it already and I am sure will continue to do so. Very good easily followed receipes. Great present for anyone who enjoys cooking.
on 31 August 2012
An excellent book that we know well. This purchase will take the strain off our library copy and ease our withdrawl symptoms when it ( doesnt ) have to go back! Just what we awanted.
on 14 January 2014
Clear type. Good pictures. Each recipe uses simple ingredients to create great tasting dishes. Very down to earth would compliment any recipe collection.