on 6 January 2016
This author has a delightful way of writing, and is able to share his experiences an both a light hearted as well as serious manner. I have read several of his books and have always enjoyed them.
on 30 December 2012
This book is a good read, however, whoever did the transcription for Kindle has made an awful lot of errors, words running into each other, many spacings between words missing. Not good!!
on 7 February 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was light hearted an amusing and at the same time a fascinating look of Yorkshire people. It showed them as down to earth and lovely people.
on 24 February 2013
arrived by post in good condition and is another book about his life as a school education inspector which is quite serious and also quite funny and a little sad at times
I HAVE READ A FEW OF HIS BOOKS AND SEEN HIM ON TV AND THE STORIES HE TELLS ABOUT THE CHILDREN ARE HILARIOUS REALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD WILL BE BYING SOME MORE DEFINATELY.
on 11 April 2013
Again a story of working life. Gervase Phinn certainly had a fun working life. All this according to my wife (the boss) who is the "reader" of his works.
on 17 June 2014
Another warm and entertaining portrait of Dales life from Gervase Phinn. Thoroughly recommended and classical amusing book from this wellloved and funny author.
on 25 February 2013
This was a birthday present for my sister but I haven't read this one. I have read 3 other Gervais Phinn books and I find them easy reading and quite amusing.
on 29 November 2013
An excellent, entertaining book which is really so true to life. The characters are well-described and one feels one would recognise them in any school.
on 4 February 2014
As an ex-teacher I enjoy his books especially seeing things from the other side. I don't think I ever had a visit from an inspector which I enjoyed.