Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 January 2007
This is one of the best lifestyle advice books I have read. It's well set out so you can find the information you are looking for quickly and just read the relevant chapter, or you can read the whole thing in one go like I did. Written in plain english, the author doesn't bombard you with lots of impossible to maintain lifestyle changes all at once. By working a few of the suggestions, chapter by chapter, into your daily routine, you will finish the book and realise that you are now doing lots of great things for your health with relative ease. I recommend this book to anyone who leads a hectic lifestyle but wants to look after their health.
on 19 August 2008
Excellent book! Easy and interesting to read, with a rich content, simple and pedagogical. Besides, Suzi Grant is courageous, she has no problem in confessing she had this or that health trouble and how she solved them. Not everybody does that. But the best of the book is what it teaches us: so many wonderful and useful things about healthy living in just one book. I have tried lots of products and I have practiced several things I learned by reading it and all went well. I'm grateful to Suzi for having shared her knowledge. What else can I say? For me it's a study book: I have read it 3 times and I keep on remembering what I learned every time I need. This is one of the books that is important in my life, that really made a difference in my life's quality.
on 28 September 2008
Great book, very practical. Definitely a book to keep on your bedside table. It's full of wonderful advices on how to live better as close to nature as reasonably possible nowadays. No sophisticated solutions. No impossible to do things. You can use the same oil to cook and to take care of your skin, for instance. You don't need sophisticated drugs to keep old age (in the sense of incapacity) as far as possible. Seaweeds and some other natural things will do the trick. One good thing about this book is that it actually considers the human being as a whole - mind and body. Suzi has a great characteristic, too: we can actually talk to her, because she answers e-mails and really helps. So I congratulate her on the book Alternative Ageing and on her way of being in life: obviously very intelligent!
on 11 April 2007
I found this a really useful book, well laid out and not too complicated.

I like the "super anti-ageing day" section, it brings together all the information in the book. This book covers all aspects; physical and emotional. The resources section is useful, and one of the things I really liked was that I sent an e mail to the author with a query and she replied promptly with a useful reply. This makes the book, and the information in it, more personal somehow. I really like this book, and have incorporated some of it into my life, and plan to do more.
on 5 August 2010
I recently turned 35 and also split from my boyfriend this year so I was feeling that I should take more care of my appearance if I was ever going to find someone new!

I bought this book on amazon after seeing all the great reviews from other customers. After reading the suggestions, I decided to give it a try for 3 months and see if I noticed any improvement.

Over the last 2 months I have completely changed my diet, already I've started to notice a difference in my skin, its so much brighter and smoother and even the dark circles I've always had under my eyes are less noticeable. In the past few days, I've noticed the skin around my eyes becoming more plumped which has helped enormously because the skin there has always been very thin and has always had a blue-grey tone unless I can regularly get a solid 8-9 hours sleep which is just impossible! I can't say what has made the most difference because I've changed my habits so much its impossible to say!

I thought the improvements were quite subtle but I could see the difference and had been really happy with the results but recently friends have mentioned that I am looking prettier and that my skin is glowing! But the best thing was when I went out on Saturday night and a man I was talking to thought I was 22! I was so happy and went over to tell my friend who asked another couple of guys to guess my age and they both said 22! I have always looked young for my age but for the past couple of years people have been guessing my age as around 27 or 28 so I was ecstatic to hear that I'm looking that much younger!!

My diet was always quite healthy but for a long time I was stuck in a rut of having toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and pasta for dinner. I always had fish, veg and salads too but just not in the right quantity. I was definitely deficient in Omega 3 and probably protein as well. I just didn't know how to feed my body properly and this type of diet was causing me to miss out on so many nutrients that feed and protect your skin.

I now have so much more energy and no longer suffer from the lethargy, bloating and stomach cramps that I used to get. I am also eating a lot more rather than the tiny portions I used to have on my previous carb-heavy diet. I've been having loads of fun inventing new recipes from the recommended foods and am even planning an anti-ageing dinner party because all my friends are so intrigued to know what I've been eating to make my skin look so good!!

I am so happy that I now know what foods to eat to keep young and healthy and I will be sending copies of the book to all my friends who are concerned about growing older.

This book covers a lot more than nutrition, it also recommends tried and tested products and lifestyle changes that have the cumulative effect of improving the way you look and feel enormously. I have found it easiest to focus on the nutrition side as it was the quickest thing to change but in the next few months I am planning to introduce some of the other lifestyle changes like meditation and of course more exercise.

I haven't quite managed to cut down my alcohol intake as much as I'd have liked as I love my cocktails, but I'm sure I will see even more improvements if I can do that and get more sleep.

I can't recommend this book highly enough and am ordering copies for all my friends who are concerned about getting older!

- Though this book is really aimed at a slightly older age group, in my opinion its never too early or late to start taking care of your skin and a few changes will definitely make anyone look better whatever your age.
on 15 October 2007
I found this book very clear, easy and unscientific to read. I read the book cover to cover but shall definately be using it as a reference book in the future. I've tried loads of things that Suzi has recommended and shall be trying out loads more; her 'top tips' were all very useful. It is not too difficult to include lots of things into your daily life. Alternative ageing is the only way to go! I highly recommend this book if you want to grow old gracefully without resorting to surgery.
on 22 September 2013
A great book to have by any woman. Full of ideas on how to look after your body/ mind. Loads of useful tips on how to grow old gracefully :) I think you can get this book when you hit your thirties. This way you will come prepared and be able to do something before it's too late. I am always going back to the book for tips on how to look after myself and make myself look better.
on 14 June 2013
I wish I'd had a copy of this when it was first published in 2006.

I have read various books & magazine articles over the last few years about how to try to slow down the ageing process & some things I have tried seemed to work but as most often happens, life gets in the way & we tend to stop doing the things that are hard work for an easy but (as usually turns out) unhealthy life.

I've always been told I don't look my age (at least 10-15 years younger) due to being fortunate enough to have the 'I look younger than I am' gene. However over the years knowing this made me lazy; a lack of sleep, low consumption of water, rounding my shoulders (poor posture), not exercising (loss of muscle) & eating ALL the wrong foods, (especially chocolate) is now catching up with me. I started to look critically at photos of myself & I could see that I was starting to look my age & older.

Born in the 1960's I've now reached the age where suddenly everything is so much harder to do & achieve, such as making sure I get that elusive 7-8 hours sleep each night, making myself exercise regularly & effectively at least 5 days a week & putting down the chocolate bar & picking up & eating that apple instead.

This book however is helping me to keep on doing what I need to do to stay healthy & motivated.

It full of very useful facts & information & is in an interesting easy to read format. It is suitable for any age group but most especially us Baby Boomers. One point of interest is the reference to Linseeds or Flaxseeds as they are often known. I've been including these in my diet for about a year now & they do seem to be helping to improve my digestion & complexion.

I have both the paperback version & the Kindle version of this book so I can dip in & out at my leisure. The only let down is a Technical Point: the fact the Kindle version doesn't have a 'Go To' table of contents. You can enter page numbers that you can look up in the hard copy version but that's annoying especially if you haven't got it to hand to refer to.

REQUEST: Please update the Kindle version with a table of contents. Thanks!

Anyway, I'm off to do my exercises, eat that apple & get an early night.
on 29 December 2013
A very interesting book, one that you can delve into and pick bits out. Suzi has a wealth of knowledge on ideas to keep healthy, and i have learned things such as which foods are more likely to age you quicker and ones that will help keep you young and fit! Easy to read, definitely a keeper!
on 3 December 2012
I just finished reading this book and found it extremely helpful. It explains the ageing process in a very simple way and shows how easy it can be to slow it down.