Jamie's Italy
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 31 July 2016
I always enjoy Jamie's style and passion for good food and I really love Italian food so I bought this book. OK, it isn't recent but it IS packed with beautiful, timeless Italian dishes, a bit of history, a bit of culture and a LOT of flavour. Grab yourself a glass of wine and enjoy flicking through this book!
on 11 December 2017
when I bought this book it arrived slightly damaged. However, on contacting the seller, they couldn’t have been more helpful. They had a replacement book out to me within the next day. The customer service was absolutely 5 star, and I would highly recommend them.
On the recipe side, so far so good. Typical Jamie Oliver recipes - simple to make, easy to follow, you don’t need a ridiculous pantry of world foods and really tasty.
on 10 October 2015
Bought as a present. The pictures are really nice and the recipes not too hard to do. The book was presented in a weird way though. I can't cook but I could still manage them.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 June 2000
Having been bored with cooking for myself, being a recent widow, Jamie Oliver`s TV programmes have inspired me into giving dinner parties again which is why I have both of his books. I like his simplicity & figured if he can do all this in a half-hour prog. I can surely do the same in just a little longer. I have tried more than seven so far this month and one comment from my guests "That was a cracking meal!"- to the carpaccio of beef. And the tray-baked pork chops - absolutely mouthwatering - from my daughter & son-in-law who are both top chefs. What more can I say- I rave about the lad!
on 21 January 2015
I love this beautifully illustrated book. Some of the recipes are a bit dated but very relevant given the current money and time saving climate. Jamie teaches without lecture and his tips are given unreservably. I have a some of his newer books 30min meals etc but this book has back to basic recipes which produce wholesome meals with the aid of ingredients from the store cupboard.
on 7 October 2015
Having most of jamies modern books I thought I'd take a look at this. Not seen anything that jumps of the page on first glance. This book being from a different publisher than the other books clearly makes a difference to the format and the layout of the book. I'm not very keen on it and not every recipe has a photo which is a let down. It's nice to see that Jamie has stayed passionate about food from start to present. Can't really complain for £2.81 though
on 31 December 1999
Bought the book for my brother for Christmas but had a sneaky read. Bought the pasta machine also for the brother after reading the book. His best Christmas present - he said. Then bought the pasta machine for myself and read all my other books for the recipies but eventually had to phone my brother to get the low down from Jamie. Sufice to say I have now ordered another copy for myself. Wouldn't part with my 'Two fat ladies' or any of my 'Rhodes', but when you really regret giving this book as a present you know how seriously good it is.
on 6 November 2014
fantastic!! packed with mouth watering recipes which are crying out to be made and enjoyed so who was i to argue, simple step by step guides to make loads of Jamies favourite Italian recipes, I've tired a few already and my kids LOVED them, delivery time was ( as with all things Amazon) superb, only problem is now i can't decide on which other Jamie book i want next…….
on 22 July 2015
Love all of jamies books and this one is nice. Not my absolute favourite but if you have all the others is worth a buy. If however you are only just looking into Jamies recipe books the 15 minute meals one is my favourite so far.
on 17 December 2016
I have many authentic Italian cook books (Marcella Hazan, Zilli, etc.etc. which I like but I found this one easily accessible and with some delicious recipes.