on 10 May 2010
I have spent a fair bit of money on trying to educate myself on property investing. This book has given me a clear idea as to what I need to do before I buy a property. So if you are a first time buyer, get this book. It makes so much sense and is very logical. I should have purchased this book before I invested in learning about property investing. I couldn't recommend it more + it's very relevant to the UK market.

On a side note, we could have seen less photos and a little more about perhaps questions one should ask during/after conveyancing.
on 9 September 2004
I bought this book through Amazon, without having seen it in a book store. It's got some very useful information in it and a few worked examples, some of which would have saved us over £750 in survey costs if we'd read it before attempting to buy a house. I think it could have more examples and a bit more detail, however, instead of all the photos of Kirstie and Phil padding out the pages. The 208 pages could easily have been condensed into about 50.
Still, if you're buying a house, £10 is insignificant and could save you a lot of time and money.
on 15 January 2015
Brilliant
on 21 March 2013
simple but informative, makes reading fun as it is written exactly the way they speak in tv programs, i love it, exactly the info you need, absolutely recommend to everyone who wants to buy a house - a must have
on 19 April 2006
This book provides very little relevant or useful information and will benefit only those with absolutely no idea about buying a property.

Its biggest failing is that no consideration is given to the state of the property market and risk, particularly to first time buyers, of committing to a purchase when the market is in decline.
on 8 September 2004
Back in 1988 I bought a 1-bed house for 50K. Five years later I managed to sell it for 38K. Buying at the peak isnt a good idea.
You don't need this book in order to buy a house - If you can't find out foryourself (for free) from speaking to friends, estate agents, mortgage companies etc - then I am afraid that you dont have the gumption to know what to do with a house if you manage to buy it!
Before you tie yourself up with a mortgage or the next 25 years - don't you think it might be a good idea to find out if the house
market is about to fall (or not so much fall as plummet!).
on 24 June 2006
This book has common sense advice on buying a property. A good read for the first time buyer, plus it has lots of pictures of Kirsty's flat! Only criticism is that it doesn't cover selling a house - I know it's not in the title, but unless you are a first time buyer, you have a property to sell as well.
on 2 December 2004
A book that has come to market with amazingly bad timing. Many of the recommendations in this book could have dire consequences on your finances over the next ten years. A house is a big thing to buy, and the advice to get on the ladder at all costs is terrible advice given current market conditions.... Do not buy this book, try 'Understanding Asset Bubbles' instead... then you'll know why this book should be sold for 50p as a door stop.