on 10 August 2014
Humorous as always, another great read from Mr Clarkson!
on 14 October 2016
Typical Clarkson wit. Good read.
on 4 December 2006
I have never been a huge fan of Mr Clarkson, we disagree fundamentally on how interesting cars can be and as such I've never been into Top Gear. I was thrown this book because my housemate decided that Jeremy Clarkson was the only man in Britain more appalled with modern life than I am.

From page one through to the end, this book is fantastically funny. I can imagine it is a bonus to know a bit about the man, but you can hear the voice in the writing. Angry ranting blends wonderfully with sarcastic caustic observations that left me laughing outloud on more than one occasion. I highly recommend this book if you feel annoyed with life in general.Sadly I haven't cultured an interest in cars - but I do now watch Top Gear (begrudgingly though)
on 10 November 2005
To summarise the content, the book is made up of articles with Jeremy Clarkson has written over the last couple of years, each discussing another area of his experiences.
I found this book really versitile. If you want you can sit down and read it straight, however I thought that its much better to have a flick through and read the articles that catch your eye. Clarkson's anecdotes are very funny and I was often caught laughing out loud to my embarressment. Even though he is a very strong tory, some of his views are hilarious, I recommend this to anyone who is looking for some light-hearted enjoyment.
on 15 July 2004
Right wing. Juvenile. Even silly at points. This is Clarkson at his best. His musings on the world range from incredibly funny (making you wish you could dream up lines like his), to very moving (when he talks about the last flight of the Concorde). This book takes the inner thoughts all people have but are too afraid to voice, grabs them by the scruff of the neck, then boots them up the backside and into the open. A wonderful book to read and great for a laugh. However this is not for the feint hearted.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 August 2006
Having once read in a British tabloid the, some would say distasteful, critique of the back seat of a Skoda as "even Doublas Bader would feel cramped" I had to jump, Bader-like, on the Clarkson bandwagon. His humour is VERY British without apology...and I simply found it very funny. I have relegated it to the shelf next to a toilet, but find it helps what is a VERY British source of humourous activity pass with pleasure. Beats '70s humour hands down.
on 6 November 2006
I like Clarkson's syle, so I wanted to see what he's on about in his book. So I bought it but I didn't expect to find what I found. He has a special way of writing that I haven't seen anywhere. I found myself agreeing with most of his ideas, but mainly I found myself laughing at the solutions he brings to the day-to-day problems that one could encounter. It is undoubtedly a great book and a great laugh and it will make you read it as quickly as possible.
on 24 March 2010
Great little chapters to read. Ideal holiday read. Jeremy's witty look on life from his weekly paper write up.
on 6 February 2009
An enjoyable read and incredibly funny. Clarkson's writing is full of his acerbic wit. No greenies were harmed in the writing of the book. All I can say is "Jeremy Clarkson for PM!" Highly recommended.
on 23 September 2005
I took this book on holiday with my and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud at it so many times. Its now making its way round friends and family who are finding it just as funny. I loved this book, Clarksons whitty quips have you chuckling on every page. Its an insightful veiw of Clarksons world.
The guy is a genius.
If its humor you want buy this book, read it, then share it.
I highly recommend it.