on 6 April 2017
This book was an absolute bargain! Not sure how anyone made any money! Brilliant book and hardly a mark on it for a second hand book! Second hand but hardly used and for a few quid, got a really nice book.
on 3 October 2017
Picked up the first book in a Charity shop. Had to have the second book. Love it.
on 19 July 2017
just what I wanted
on 13 December 2017
very useful. very nice condition
on 18 January 2018
Great
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I've made the transition from 'beans on toast boy' to 'Crunchy Thai Salad and Braised Lamb Shanks man' in one effortless swoop, thanks to me old 'china plate' Jamie. (Well you kind of feel like his mate, cos you watch the show and read the book, but I don't actually know him Ok!) Anyway, I truly was amazed how well these recipes worked as someone with no experience of cooking. My girlfriend is wholly impressed and I made my folks the thai salad (dreesings and all) for their wedding anniversary on Saturday night. They loved it! If anything, I actually find it quite expensive to get all the ingredients from Sainsburys. All those fresh foods sure add up. Still, it's all worth it in the end and well done Mr Oliver on your many creations!
on 17 April 2001
Excellent, easy to follow recipes which always work first time. The ingredients are always to be found in Sainsburys. The fantastic fish pie is second to none and Pete's lamb curry is great. I can not believe that anyone can possibly call this book 'full of stuck up recipies for yuppie friends'. I am definitely not a yuppie or stuck up. I just like good food...
on 17 May 2006
I have all 6 of Jamie's books. I rate this as his finest. I cook a jamie meal every single evening, he is an absolute star, i have never ever come across any other cook books where you can do a recipe from it every night of the week at reasonable cost, very little time and bloomin tasty! (jamies words) I fill in my diary up to 3 months in advance with one of the recipes from his books....good planning, i then go to the supermarket twice a week, buy the ingredients and away you go....no worrying what are we gonna have for tea tonight!! All recipes are simple, fast and quite often are based around the same ingredients, i have to say i very rarely have any waste. It makes my life easy.....and we are eating very healthily too, unless we do one of his puddings, but only at the weekend!
on 9 March 2001
This is one of the best cook books I've ever used. It makes cooking less intimidating and more fun. The pictures of the meals are so beautiful and delicious looking, you want to try them yourself. I really enjoy Jamie's televison programme, so it's nice to see something on the programme and be pretty sure that the recipe is in the book so you can make it yourself. I love both of the books that the has out at the moment but I think that I have to say that I like this one the best. The personal comments are great, funny and make it a lot more interesting than most other books on cooking. I'll use the ones I have until the next one comes out then I'll add it to the rotation. Simply Brilliant!!!
on 6 July 2000
Simply put this book is great. Jamie makes cooking easy, fun and trendy. The style of writing makes you feel like you are Jamies best friend and makes you want to cook. You find youself looking in the fridge and then the book, trying to find out what you can make next.
I've tried a couple of fish dishes so far and they have been a hit. Even Jamies advice on how to do a fry up means that I can finally cook the perfect fried egg.
I never had the first book but I'm gonna buy it now.