on 30 August 2014
Gutsy, sad in places, honest, real - couldn't out it down....content childcare in Ireland - on a human level well worth reading but insightful for professionals too....enjoyed it as far as one is able, such suffering and glad I read it - different and a worthy read as well...Squirrel 59 - 30.8.14
on 13 February 2018
Very, very satisfied
on 2 November 2017
very good book
on 8 December 2012
This is the first one I read of Shane's ...
I love these stories, there's a reality that alot of these type of books don't have. He admits when he feels out of his depth, or when he's made a mistake. Absolutely brilliant!
One person found this helpful
on 4 November 2017
couldn't put it down
on 5 December 2015
Goid book
on 6 July 2015
Excellent writer written with a great depth of knowledge and empathy for the subject.
on 26 January 2013
This was a compelling read. I will certainly be reading more of his books. You really feel for these children and families
One person found this helpful
on 8 March 2016
very good read
on 22 March 2011
Shane Dunphy is now one of my favourite authors, this is the second book of his I've read, I love a mixture of books, but too not read him is criminal.....I love that you get an overview of what happens to the poor kids in these books after the professionals have had their input.