Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2017
This book is not really written for kids to read. It's a book by an adult explaining how he used different metaphors and stories to explain different chess tricks to kids. It also doesn't start with the basics, so if you are expecting a primer on chess, this is not it. I thought I was buying a book for my 8 year old, and didn't realize that it was a book for an adult to (possibly) teach a kid chess. However, even if I had bought it for that purpose, it's not a very good book -- the explanations are conversational rather than instructive. I'm not sure who the other reviewers are, and whether they have actually read the book.
on 22 May 2017
Really confusing book. If you want a book to teach you the basics of chess, this is not it. There are more references to aliens and waterfights which makes it more confusing than informative.
on 20 June 2016
Not really for children. more for parents to help teach their children. I was looking for a book my 3 boys would enjoy readiung themselves.
on 8 July 2017
Excellent book, well explained and many picture diagrams.
My 8/9 year old daughter has read the book many times and now corrects me!
on 21 April 2017
The child was very happy with present
on 12 April 2017
My grandkids enjoyed this book.
on 14 March 2017
Interesting story format
on 26 March 2017
sensibly structured, very useful
on 7 March 2017
My son read this cover to cover within days and it has really changed his game!
on 4 April 2017
Confusing style of writing.