Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 June 2016
I am not an artist who draws, though I am good at line drawing - it's in the family genes as every generation has someone who can draw freehand. My skill is in Digital Art. However, I want to do casual art using coloured pencils while out and about and also while adding small drawings to my websites.

This excellent book shows me basic skills over a wide range of subjects. It's also a bonus that I can fit it into my Derwent Art Bag.
review image
on 11 April 2017
I purchased the Kindle version (no problem with download, received quickly). While I appreciate that it is supposed to be a 'quick start' book more instruction is required. For example, in the initial exercise drawing landscapes, the writer states 'begin with the very simple illustration in figure 5', However, no instruction is given until the following page when he advises on shading. Accordingly one is left wondering whether to start with foreground or background etc.
Overall the text is too chatty in style with some comments in the sections on drawing the human form which I found inappropriate.
I would not recommend this publication.
on 17 March 2017
Brought for my son who loves to draw so got this to help him with drawing new things
on 6 June 2017
This title says it all how to draw anything answer go to art collage and learn or use tracing paper
on 22 March 2017
I bought this thinking it would teach me about techniques, perspective, shading etc. But no - it gives you no instructions on how to "look" at a scene, how to put it on paper. No step by step guide on how to build up a scene, from simple pencil sketch to full colour. Complete waste of time and money.
on 18 March 2017
Went well with the set of drawing pencils.
on 26 April 2017
10/10
on 23 February 2017
Good purchase easy deal
on 6 July 2013
It wasn't quite what it said on the tin, what i was really disapointed in was the very small
size of the book but that is my error in not checking it out before i purchased it just pointing that out for future
customers really.
on 17 March 2014
A little disappointed I had hoped for a little more from it.The scapes are ok but I would think most people who wish to paint or draw would be able to work out a landscape.