Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(1 star). See all 485 reviews
on 1 February 2018
Really a description of a spade, what a Hoe looks like etc. Most of this is free on the internet and you could print it off on higher quality toilet paper. Just poor poor poor, very low grade information, might come in useful for lighting a bonfire in the autumn.
on 17 February 2018
Not a book, a pamphlet!
on 26 October 2016
Nonsense book
on 31 October 2011
Very very weak content. Out of almost 300 pages only a couple of pages are devoted to each month ! The rest is fluff and filler.
12 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2013
this is just plain text electronic book boring, definitely not what was expected. It is so boring and not useful
3 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2012
I do not grow my own vegetables as I have back problems. I am a vegetarian and this book is aimed at the meat eaters. I learned nothing new, which I thought I would. As far as the section on water is concerned, the author has obviously not lived in the South West of England with a water meter (the highest priced water and sewerage rate in the UK) or on the NW coast of Scotland, in a house with water supply from a spring. If the pump goes wrong, and it is a 240 mile trip to renew it, there is no water apart from what you can catch if it rains, until you can manage to go to town. His attitude that the UK has so much rain we do not need to be bothered to conserve water made my blood pressure rise. I also totally disagree with the fact that he gives the impression that it is not worth bothering with solar panels for electricity. If you live south of Oxfordshire, it is. Even if the cost of installation is high, and it takes time to recoup this cost, it is still green energy that works. The author would do well to install them to help pay for all the electricity he uses with his freezer. I thought this book would help me to be even greener than I am, but realised at the end of the book that this has been written purely to generate an income for the author, and not because he wants to pass on tips on how to halt consumerism. Perhaps I should turn my shed into an office and write a book on the subject, as I know as much as him, but then I am not into greed.
11 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 20 October 2014
rubish
on 7 October 2011
Got to be honest - this book taught me nothing that I didn't already know. My mates and family laughed as I could have had lower cost living by simply not buying the book!
17 people found this helpful
on 19 July 2010
Don't waste your time buying this book. It contains nothing new and certainly nothing that you can't get for free from the web.
18 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 25 April 2010
After reading all the positive remarks regarding this book I could not wait to get my hands on one.
Apart from the front cover this book is dross,very poor quality and layout.There are many better books than this
1950's type effort.Dont waste your money.
12 people found this helpful