on 1 September 2017
Great little book
on 27 November 2009
This is a really good cook book. What I particularly like about it is that the recipes are simple, using readily available ingredients and are not too complicated, keeping things nice and simple. Even people who have never used a slow cooker before would be able to use this book. There is a varied selection of recipes for the different types of food you are cooking, for example, meat, poultry or fish. Out of all the cookbooks I own this is one of my favourites. At the beginning of the book there is a useful section on how a slow cooker works and the best method of preparing the food before you place it in the slow cooker. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who has a slow cooker or is thinking of buying one.
on 26 May 2011
This book will prove invaluable for all starting out with their first slow cooker.There are many cookery books on the market but this one gives you that extra information about how your cooker should perform. eg. essential a close fitting lid (your cooker cannot do its job with a badly fitting lid, with steam escaping ) The recipe's are very clearly described and the lovely steamed suet puddings takes me back to my childhood. Yummi.You will find joints of meat and whole poultry are well catered for. Plenty of good recipes but no pictures; which does'nt bother me but for some it may be a minus. All in all a good inexpensive cookery book.
on 29 November 2013
The recipes are good. I have used several already. My problem is the lack of an index. I had to read through the book and bookmark anything I wanted to try. This is a problem I often have with kindle. It is fine for reading from beginning to end, often useless for finding a particular item.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 14 December 2013
Is it just me or do all slow cook books seem to have very similar recipes in them, I was looking for inspiration and something new to add to my repetoire.

I am afraid I found neither inspiration or something new.

What I did find were well balanced reliable recipes, this would make an ideal introduction to using your slow cooker, however I was looking for so much more hence the 3 stars.
on 27 May 2013
Very disappointed with this book. Most of the recipes require some form of pre cooking before going in to the slow cooker. I was looking for a book that would create one dish meals without having to pre cook. Would not recommend it.
on 15 January 2013
I wasn't very impressed with this it's a very basic book, which I read quickly and passed on to my local. Charity shop
on 5 March 2013
The book is well worth buying I have just got to get used to using it which I will do soon.
on 25 February 2010
Slow Cooking properly explained, is a very good book with loads of interesting recipes in it.

It is exactly what the cover says: 'Properly Explained', with so many helpful hints and exciting things to try!

I had no idea that so much could be done with a Slow Cooker!! Thinking they were intended just for Stews and Soups - what a pleasant surprise I had when I discovered you could create Mulled Wine, Punch, Golden Suet Pudding, Bread and Butter Pudding - to name but a few!! And also the clever use of a Pudding Basin in the Slow cooker!!

I must recommended this book!!
33 Comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2014
Good value 99p and a valuable book for anyone with a slow cooker. You will use your slow cooker more