on 12 March 2015
I have never made any beadwork or jewellery before but was given a kit by a friend for my birthday and was eager to get some simple instructions to get me started. This is ok but from reading the other reviews I was a little disappointed with some of the instructions - as I felt they catered more for more experienced jewellery makers whereby I am a complete novice. I was hoping to sit down and immediately make something simple, but this book did not make me feel I could achieve this quickly and easily, so will be kept until I have a lot of free time to do lots of practice first.
on 7 February 2014
I am not an absolute beginner in beading so I was disappointed with the book as I didn't learn anything
new from it.
on 23 August 2017
Book is full of very useful information. Lovely pictures
on 21 May 2017
Great!
on 1 August 2017
A present well received
on 10 February 2015
as described, good servic
on 16 July 2013
This is more of a how to do stuff rather than project based but is incredibly easy to read and the pictures bring the text to life and make the instructions really easy to follow. I really liked this book and it will be amongst my frequently used tomes.
on 24 April 2015
This book is the best I've found so far, very informative and explains things very clearly. I've been making beaded jewellery for a few years now and would recommend this to anyone either starting out or the more experienced.
on 8 June 2013
Comprehensive instructions on technique but the project instructions are not easy to follow. The "ingredients" lists are not comprehensive which is annoying for those of us just starting out and without a bank of equipment. Some of the instructions are clearly wrong eg. Measurements in briar & bramble necklace. Plus, some of the specified beads etc do not seem to be available even from the suppliers listed at the back. So, good for techniques but could and should be a lot better than it is on actual use.
on 11 February 2014
Beautifully illustrated and easy to follow. My only gripe is that so much of it is common sense and more than once after reading a sentence I found myself thinking - What on earth made them put this in? I think if they took all the rubbish out it would be a much thinner book.