on 7 October 2017
I'm now a fully fledged Tilda fan, plenty of beautiful things with patterns included.
on 12 October 2017
liked it verymuch
on 24 September 2017
very nice
on 18 November 2013
Tilda's books are all stunningly beautiful and this one is without exception.

If you enjoy doll making, and love Christmas crafts, this book is for you!

I gave this book 4 stars as its not aimed as a general Christmas craft book as it seems by the title I thought, and you need to be an experienced sewer to manage these complex projects.

There are the odd items which are not doll making, which is excellent.

You will need a sewing machine to make these projects, and have good sewing skills, and can manage very fiddly turning out skills. (I would recommend buying a small bottle of 'fray check' to prevent the fabric coming apart on the very tight small turn outs.)

To make these projects just as you see them, you will need to buy specialised items, some are available in good card making stores which hold Tilda accessories in paper craft section. There are details where you can contact to buy other specialised items you may require, there are shops on ebay too which specialise in Tilda fabrics, and accessories if you have difficulties finding items.

Details of all the craft projects:

1. Techniques
9, Gift Boxes
10. Patterns
11. Accessories
12. Suppliers

I hope this has been of some help in choosing your fabulous Christmas book, to enable you to have a fun, highly inspiring Christmas crafting :)
on 26 November 2010
Gorgeous book, super pictures as always with Tilda. Although similar designs to other books still enough change to make a worthwhile buy even if just to look at the pictures. I LOVE it.
on 20 September 2010
Not being a great seamstress but willing to have a go, I did think some of these projects were going to be a bit beyond me but not so! I have done a few projects now from this and other books in the range and am very pleased with the results. The instructions and illustrations are just right.
on 10 July 2011
Great little book. Clear instructions and easy to follow. Not too time consuming so can easily make several in a short time.
Tilda is a talented toy maker and I recommend her other books to all toymakers.
on 15 May 2017
So many inspirational ideas, I use the heart templates on a regular basis. If I'm using the small heart template for turning fabric inside out, I leave an overhanging lip on the opening, especially if using fabric which has doesn't have a tight weave and frays easily... I find this fabric is good for filling with lavender, to get best aroma. I use a Frixion pen, I find best price for these from Amazon, to make my markings as this can be erased by ironing, but do check this on a scrap piece of the fabric first, as there's always the 1% of fabrics which might leave a faint mark, for one reason or another. I use a 'small' size stitch ripper, from Amazon, to get the points of the heart shape, use carefully and with much patience to get the point looking as good as you can, with the fabric you are using. I attach a pic of the small hearts I have made for a current project, they haven't been pressed yet and with them is the small stitch ripper I have...I have quite a selection over the years, of different size stitch rippers! All in all, I love the Tilda books and have a growing collection of them, that look good on my craft (also called Mum's) book shelf too!
review image review image review image review image
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 March 2010
More classic Tone with different inventions to make your world a prettier place. Yes it's printed on dull, what looks like recycled paper, yes it was previously published in Norway in 2002. Still very worthwhile and at a bargain price. If you are a Tone Finnanger or Tilda fan, don't miss this one. If you have not yet discovered these creations, I can highly recommend any of Tone's work as the best of the best. She has a unique style and you'll love sewing these offerings.
on 21 February 2014
Great little paperback book, with lovely illustrations and full sized patterns to copy. Tells you what is needed and gives good instructions. I liked it for the doll patterns.