Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 September 2011
Very dissapointed at how few projects there were in the book and how similar they are to each other.
Very glad that I borrowed a copy from the library before spending good money on it.
on 6 November 2010
This book is lovely however it has very few projects in it. It has Santas with drums, Pixies (which are just Tilda's angels but with pointy hats and no wings), a bauble, snowmen, candy cones, ice-skate stockings, and gift boxes. I had expected more as I already own Sew Pretty Homestyle and Crafting Springtime Gifts by the same author which have far more projects and are printed on better quality paper. I would say it is good value compared to a magazine, but not compared to some of her other books.
on 14 July 2015
I WAS DISAPPOINTED THAT THIS TILDA BOOK WAS ABOUT HALF THE THICKNESS OF THE OTHER TWO I HAD PREVIOUSLY BOUGHT, BUT TONE FINNANGER DOES SAY INSIDE 'NOT HAD TIME TO PRODUCE A BOOK, SO WE'VE PUT TOGETHER SOME GREAT NEW PROJECTS FOR YOU HERE IN THIS BOOKLET'. IT IS STILL LOVELY TO LOOK AT, AND I AM GOING TO ORDER ANOTHER TILDA CHRISTMAS BOOK.
on 15 November 2012
I haven't yet had the time to try any of the projects but I'm really pleased with this book. There are some great ideas and very clear instructions on how to complete the projects. I also like that the book covers a range of crafts, some that I already enjoy and some I've never tried before but now want to :)
on 23 March 2010
This is an amazing book with lots of wonderful Tilda designs that I can't wait to get started on.
on 16 February 2011
As lovely as this book is, it isn't for someone new to the Tilda range.
I have learned since that these are older designs, and they are very simple & fairly quick to make, but the book doesn't have quite as detailed pictorial instructions as some of the others, and for that reason I would say buy *Sew Pretty* first, just to get a better idea of the way Tone puts things together.
I'm so used to her designs now that I rarely read the instructions, but someone new to this series of books would need to.
I think the quality of the photographs is fine, it's just different in colours to the *prettier* books, so not really dull at all, indeed I love the colours & fabrics used, they suit the projects very well.
All in all, a lovely book, just not for a first-timer.
on 12 November 2011
Easy Tilda projects, so ideal if you are just starting out with making Tilda 'friends'.
This is not in the bright summer colours like the rest of Tilda project books, must still a must have for a Tilda fan!
review image review image review image
on 20 August 2011
I love Tilda's ideas, they are stunning, and I was really looking forward to receiving this book. However I was quite surprised to find how short it was. I suppose because it's aimed at Summer it wouldn't be as thick as her other books but I was slightly disappointed. But the creations are as beautiful as ever and give a fresh take on some of her previous designs. Pleased I've added it to my collection.
on 24 November 2015
Not for the beginner but some lovely figures to make. Word of warning though! Although there are many Tilda fabric stockists now, it is impossible to get some of the accessories such as crowns for the angels or plywood skate blades for the santas (see front cover of book) None of the suggested stockists listed in back of book can supply and I have searched everywhere on the web, so there is no way anyone can complete the pattern for Ice Skates on page 22.
on 19 September 2012
This is a beautiful book that really makes you feel as if you want to get the sewing machine out immediately. Lovely photographs inside. I think though that for a complete beginner it may seem a bit daunting but I think with a bit of practice with the corners or curves on fabric, you would be able to get a lot of enjoyment from doing the projects inside. If you can't sew then the wood projects are simple but effective to make. Highly recommended.