on 15 December 2014
Can't help myself, when she brings out a new book I have to have it. Always something in it to stimulate my creative juices and give wonderful ideas. You can adapt her stuff too, doing it your own way with your own fabrics and it will still come out great. Beginners however, stick to her descriptions and have faith, it's like knitting socks, you can't see sometimes how it is going to become the finished product but oh boy, it really DOES!!!
on 22 March 2013
I bought this book having seen it on a tv craft show but found it cheaper to buy on Amazon. This book has some inspirational patterns and designs to try your hand at and if you visit Mandy Shaw's shop you can buy the lovely materials she uses to start you off. So far I have completed one project and am moving on to my next piece. They are useful items to make and quite pretty as well. The book is informative but I think the instructions could be a little more in depth for a beginner. It is definitely worth buying to try the projects you wont be disappointed with the results.
on 21 May 2016
This book is such a lovely book to use and I would recommend anyone to try any of her books they are very good books and the projects and designs are great.
on 17 February 2018
A little disappointed with this one. Not really to my taste, but it is obviously personal choice.
on 20 July 2011
A beautifully produced book full of instruction and ideas. The detailed diagrams are foolproof and as a lover of red and white it is perfect. The patterns are full size and that is so useful.
I have already made the little sewing bag and I think this is a useful addition to my sewing library.
on 13 May 2014
This is a delicious book. It is full of lovely easy hand embroidery projects for anyone who loves simple and stylish little projects to do. It is a delight to pick up and browse, as well as being a good source of inspiration. I particularly like the left - handed stitch guides. Being a 'leftie' I struggle to convert the stitches from right handed books and did not want to go to the expense of a lefthanded stitch book. This book will be used and cherished.
on 21 May 2017
Pleased with all aspects of my order.
on 10 November 2017
As soon as I received this book I couldn’t wait to read it. I just need to get stuck in now and apply my skills 👍
on 27 June 2011
I love Mandy's designs and this book is full of them. It is great if you want to make something small rather than a large quilt. Good for those new to sewing also
on 24 August 2014
What an absolutely lovely book. Very easy to read and follow instructions. Beautiful designs and projects for machine sewing and for embroidering. Delighted and really pleased to get my copy. Looking forward to giving everything a go just trying to decide what to do first.