on 14 June 2011
This is another super book about Jelly rolls. A lovely way to use a jelly roll. I just need more hours in the day to do it!!!
on 17 December 2013
I love sampler quilts and sampler quilt books. They are an underappreciated genre in my opinion. They are perfect for the teacher and student alike and no home is complete without a sampler quilt. This is a modern approach to making sampler quilts and I found it refreshing as well as enjoyable. A much needed and wanted addition to my quilt library.
on 4 September 2012
The Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts book is a typical Lintott how to book. Excellent pictures, clear instructions and drawings of the quilt blocks. One down side I have discovered with this book is the implication you can make a quilt from a jelly roll. Every quilt requires more fabric (apart from the backing material)to complete the quilt. There are some great samplers that can be used to create an entire quilt in the one design or used along with others to make blocks of different designs. The quilts are made up in a range of colours so you can see how it looks in dark or light, plain or highly patterned fabrics. It contains over 50 blocks you can pick and mix for your own quilts. Certainly a good addition to a quilters library for either the beginner or more experienced quilter.
on 21 November 2014
Obviously a more traditional approach and colour schemes than their "heirloom quilts" book which I previously bought. Not a lot of chain piecing either which makes the process quite fiddly. However I do like the "mix and match" idea of making any of the 8, 12 or 16 inch blocks work together as long as you have the right number of jellyroll strips. Maybe I'm just not confident enough to strike out and risk wasting expensive material or making a quilt that just looks messy. So far I have only used the "carpenter's wheel" block to make a christmas wreath panel for the front door and that IS lovely. So only 4 stars I'm afraid.
on 2 February 2014
The patterns available are attractive and the instructions easy to follow. I will be definitely making several of the quilts in this book, as I have from the earlier jelly roll pattern books by the same authors. I was a little disappointed though that so many of the pieces for the blocks were cut using the multi 45/90 ruler as I don't have one of these specific tools and no other measures were included. I compromised by using what I already have rather than spend another £15 on yet another ruler.
on 24 March 2013
Very nice book, good presentation, great ideas, easy to understand. Loads of inspiration. Can't decide where to start as all so nice
on 19 July 2012
As usual the authors have produced some lovely quilts that make you want to get started on at least half straight away. I love the clear instructions, I live in the middle of France in a farming community and have nobody I can turn to for help if I don't understand what to do next, so clear instructions are vital for me, and these lovely ladies always come up trumps. If you like jelly rolls, you will want this book.
on 16 June 2014
If you have a collection of jelly rolls and don't know what to do with them, take a look at this book. It's a collection of blocks rather than quilts. The blocks come in different sizes and you can combine them like the samples in the book or make up your own combinations. Possibly the most useful book on jelly rolls so far.
on 28 October 2011
I bought this book as I wanted to try working with a Jelly Roll, from start to finish the book is superb and I just cant wait to get started on one of the quilts, all the instructions are very clear and precise, I will definately be buying more from the authors range of books.
on 22 July 2011
A wonderful book - as are all the books in this "Jelly Roll" series by Pam and Nicky. Instructions are clear, tips are great and the designs are fabulous. I have now bought all the books in this series thanks to Amazon. Thanks for many happy hours of "patchworking' to come.