This book has some great ideas on how to incorporate crochet into sewing projects, whether using it to add texture or colour to bags and cushions, or for giving your clothes a new lease of life by adding a crocheted trim or embellishment.

The book has 200 crochet patterns, each one with a picture at the top, step by step instructions underneath and a diagram at the bottom. The book is split into 4 sections: Flowers, Trims, Fabrics & Motifs. There is a useful section at the front with stitch instructions, a guide to following crochet patterns, advice on choosing yarns and your colour palette.
on 1 August 2011
Great ideas for making quick brooches as gifts, however, it is an American publication so remember to convert to British crochet stitches ie single crochet in America is equivalent to British double crochet!
on 31 December 2011
I don't make a lot of flowers so wouldn't have instinctively bought this but it has turned out to be really useful for a number of projects. There are excellent examples of how stitch patterns can be created so you can use it for the basis of scarves, cushions etc. with extremely clear photographs.
The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that the terminology is written for American crocheters rather than European, so you do have to take care to "translate" it into UK terms. But there are lots of nice clear diagrams so it's easy to double check what you're doing.
on 12 November 2011
As someone who is fairly new to crochet this book has introduced me to lots of patterns I never knew existed, I've tried a couple and thanks to the easy to follow and well written instructions they have turned out perfectly. I can see this being a book I will dip in to a lot for years to come.
on 4 January 2012
This book is a real delight for all crochet & knitting addicts - which I am. But even if not the artistry & skill behind the work presented is there for all admire. I have aleady completed several of the flowers, and am planning several of the the butterflies soon. The instructions with diagrams (for the crochet) make it really very simple.

Definitely a VERY good buy.
on 2 March 2012
This is a lovely book, well set out and with good quality pictures but the stitches are not well explained nor are the patterns all easy to follow. Some degree of knowledge is required not recommended for beginners.
on 6 May 2013
Quite a useful book for when a different type of flower is needed, I cannot comment on the leaves etc as I have never needed to use them.
The book is well writen and the pictures are clear, overall a useful addition to any collection
on 23 June 2015
Brilliant book for crafters who are looking for inspiration, the projects in the book can used in so many ways and using different fabrics the possibilities are endless. Embellishing any number of crafting project from clothing to household items and even card making when fine yarns and small size hooks are used to create tiny but beautiful flowers etc to name but a few.
on 5 January 2013
I am very happy with the service and I am very happy with the product, in fact this is my favorite book,good for lerning and new inspirations.I have used the book for many of my projects. Very good and fast delivery - super service!
on 12 February 2012
Loved this book once I realised the instructions are American - thankfully before I started anything! Very clearly written with both text and diagrammatic patterns. Made several flowers and a scarf from the "fabric" section the day I got it!