on 3 December 2010
This is a lovely book - full of information and interesting things to make - including a dvd. As I have been stitching and doing crafty
things most of my life - like Martha Stewart I have learned much along the way. I think most of it I already know so will be passing it on to my daughter-in-law who is keen to learn more about needlework and I am sure she will love it.
on 25 May 2011
outstanding book! truly excellent, great for any level but i'm a beginner and am very very impressed with the how to's, pictures, coaching points and style of tips. very inspiring super and big book! will be used very regularly. something for everyone.
on 28 April 2011
I was disappointed with this book, the projects didn't appeal to me and there wasn't a lot of sewing techniques explained.
on 3 July 2011
Saw this book at my sister in laws and loved the wide variety of crafts and techniques it showed. Bought it immediaterly and hav already made the toy rabbit, the number book and about to felt some wool for more toys. Loving making these for my granchildren. Just a lovely book to look through and imagine all your projects - and then get busy with them!
on 13 March 2011
I bought this as a present for my mother-in-law who has just replaced her old sewing machine and has a new found interest in sewing projects. I am going to have to buy her another copy though as I love this book. Although I wouldn't be interested in all the projects there are a large number that I'd like to have a go at. It truly is an inspirational book and even has a list of English suppliers at the end which I was expected to be American so a pleasant surprise.
on 13 September 2015
I bought this because a friend had it and raved about how good it was. I've had a look through but not actually made anything yet (hence only the 4 stars). The projects are basic but easily explained so you can adapt them to your own tastes and make changes. Excellent as a gift too.
on 20 May 2011
Buy the book if you want inspirational pictures and easy to follow instructions.

If you are searching for a sewing "encyclopedia", I think there are better options.

Page 12-89, 368-372 contains the informative section, the rest of the pages belongs to the sewing projects, page 90-367.

The book can be a good gift to someone who has just started to sew on a basic level.
on 17 August 2014
Good book, good clear instructions, easy to follow the various techniques. My only disappointment is that the book is only four years old, but the ideas and examples within it are a little dated to my taste. Perhaps it is just because it's a US book and mine is a UK taste, however this doesn't detract from the fact that it's has probably every technique you will ever need to know in it. So good to keep by you and learn from, not sure I'd make much from it though.
on 27 December 2012
I added this book onto my Amazon Wishlist for Christmas after finding it while looking for craft items. I love crafting both paper and fabric, and know how great Martha's craft things are.

My Mother-in-Law brought this for me and I was flicking through and couldn't believe how much was covered in the book, things I had never thought of making such as dog beds and cheque book holders! It is such a lovely book and will be taking pride of place on my coffee table when not in use. The amazing thing I didn't realise about this book is that it comes with a CD with all the patterns on so you can print them off. When I told my Mum I had got the book she asked me to bring it round when I next visited and we were oo-ing over the projects.

This is a great book for someone interested in sewing and fabric crafts especially to widen their skills and find out things they didn't realise they could make their selves.

I'm going to look at getting the papercraft version now.
on 13 August 2014
This is a fantastic resource for the beginner crafter and the well seasoned sewer. The book is beautiful quality and the projects inspire are doable. Each project is well illustrated and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. I love that every fabric imaginable is illustrated and explained here. Now I know what fabrics to use for any project and what to look for when I am shopping for materials. Priceless advice.