Customer reviews

on 14 September 2017
I love Pollyanna Pickering's paintings so this book will enable me to try to replicate one of her works in a different format.
on 22 November 2009
This book is beautiful, I can't wait to start stitching. Trouble is I don't know which one to start with as they are all so gorgeous! A great book for those new to x-stitch or the more advanced. Much better 'in the flesh' than the preview suggests. Great value for the money it costs too, with anecdotes with each picture to ring them alive.
on 3 October 2009
This is a superb book, I am so pleased with it.

First it is a great price, brilliant value.

Second the layout is very pleasing to the eye, lovely illusrations and clear charts.

Third designs are just gorgoeus, so realisitic, I'm amazed how clearly the animals expressions have been captured with just the use of whole cross stitch and half stitches, with very little backstitch at all.

The pandas are my favourite, along with the polar bears.

I mainly bought this for the polar bear design I had seen elsewhere but there are several other designs in the book I would love to stitch.

The information about each animal pictured is informative but not too much, just enough information to provide a little background. My children will definatley like browsing through this with me and reading the snippets from Pollyanna about how she has seen the animals in their natural habitats, then enjoy watching my stitching as they come to life!

Thanks a wonderful book :o)
on 13 October 2009
Pollyanna Pickerings paintings are always so life like and DMC convert them into cross stitch really well. Pollyanna has a great ability if getting the sunlight reflecting off fur and by using DMC light effect threads in the cross stitch designs you get the same effect. Also nice to see animals such as Polar Bears included and also some unusual views .. i just love the baby elephant cuddling up to mum's legs. I'm sure i'll end up stitching them all ... problem is which one do i start with ?!
on 13 September 2009
this book has some lovely designs and the preiew on amazon does not do it justice
If you love big cats and baby big cats then you should buy this book
I found about 5 - 7 designs that I would like to start right away
Especialy the little lion cub that is chewing on an adults tail... named living dangerousley and one of the baby panda ready for bed...
on 15 December 2009
I bought this book for someone else, who was delighted with it. She already knew that she wanted the book, so I simply followed her instructions, and it turned out all right.
on 3 June 2016
So many great charts in this booklet but unfortunately 2 were missing, panda & polar bear. Not mentioned in write up about condition of the book but the person who had it first must have cut charts out very carefully with a razor blade as it was very difficult to see cut edges. Only when I looked at contents page did I realise 2 were missing. Remaining Charts are great, I wanted the cheetah & her cubs & it is fabulous. Other great ones in there too. Very good value for money as single charts can sot up to £10. or more.
on 24 July 2016
This is such a fantastic cross-stitch book. Amazing attention to detail and shading. I now have a whole book full of projects to make and I couldn't be happier. This was a fantastic buy. Top artist, top charters to cross stitch. You Must Buy It.
on 5 September 2014
Present for my mum - not sure if she has done any of the cross stitch patterns yet as she is always so busy with her stitching. Lovely book
on 25 August 2013
This is a most charming book and very well illustrated, I would recommend it to anyone who loves cross stitch wild animals.