Customer reviews

Sew Fabulous Fabric: 20 Charming Ways to Sew Fabrics into Your Life
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 April 2011
This book has easy to follow instructions but all the things in it seem a bit old fashioned to me. The templates have to be enlarged on a copier, which I don't have access to and though there is a lot of variety in the items, none of them appealed to me much. Pretty basic stuff like bunting and scented hearts that are so easy to make there is no need to waste space in a book on them. Some of the bags are ok but I already have an entire book on bag making, so there was nothing new or useful in this book really.
on 30 August 2013
this book has got some good simple ideas a practical book for beginners but I think seasoned sewers would have already done most of these projects , having said that anyone who is into crafting would find it a delightful gift its one for the avid collectors sewing library
on 21 August 2013
Some easy stuff, some more complicated, but it's a good mix. Not sure I would use it very often as once you've made something unless it's very quick, which most of these designs aren't then you'd probably not be inspired to do it again.
on 4 October 2014
Smaller projects for all sewers .As an experienced sewer I thought this book might not be for me, but I was wrong! Tips and little pointers guide you to your projects completion. Experienced or not, we can all learn something. The projects in this book can be incorporated into your home life or as gifts for loved one. I thoroughly enjoyed working my way through this book and it will be a favourite for many years to come.
on 3 December 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 May 2010
Bought this for a few 'rainy day' ideas to use up scraps and it has some great projects. I'm not great at re-creating by the letter and i tend to take bits of projects to come up with my own ideas, but this has loads of hints and tips and for someone who is new to sewing and wants some step by step guide to making some pretty little objects for themselves or as gifts, it's a good little book to have on your shelf.
on 16 July 2014
This book has simple projects which are also interesting. Only annoying part is that the patterns have to be enlarged and as I live miles from anywhere a special trip to the library to get this done takes some planning. Would it really cost that much to add full sized patterns, perhaps in a pack at the back? I'm looking forward to making the fairy cushion for my grandaughter when I eventually get the patterns enlarged.
on 21 May 2015
good for would be crafters
on 13 May 2014
I am very happy with my purchase it was exactly as described and would recommend this seller to my friends ! would use again
on 6 May 2015
Good book with excellent diagrams and instructions, and lovely pictures.