Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 February 2012
I was bought this book for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. It has inspired me try applique and make some bags. It includes templates for a lot of the designs shown, and has a wealth of good creative ideas for you to build on.
A minus point of the book are that sometimes the instructions are a bit limited, for instance; on the handbag, it says buy a clasp and fit it as per instructions, I would have liked the photographs to have illustrated the type of clasp used and shown it on the bag, I find it frustrating that I have no idea what sort was used.
But generally a great ideas and projects book, good for young and old alike.
on 4 March 2013
I bought this for a friend for her Birthday and liked it so much, I bought myself one too! There are lots of loves projects to do and I particualy love the peg bag and the door stop!
on 28 December 2012
So many ideas and helpful instructions, all nicely put together.
You will need to enlarge most of the templates, but i did not find this a problem.
on 5 February 2013
This had so many good ideas, other books havev a few ideas and lots of boring how to do it bits, but this is,best on the market.
on 4 October 2014
Smaller projects for all sewers .As an experienced sewer I thought this book might not be for me, but I was wrong! Tips and little pointers guide you to your projects completion. Experienced or not, we can all learn something. The projects in this book can be incorporated into your home life or as gifts for loved one. I thoroughly enjoyed working my way through this book and it will be a favourite for many years to come.
on 16 July 2014
This book has simple projects which are also interesting. Only annoying part is that the patterns have to be enlarged and as I live miles from anywhere a special trip to the library to get this done takes some planning. Would it really cost that much to add full sized patterns, perhaps in a pack at the back? I'm looking forward to making the fairy cushion for my grandaughter when I eventually get the patterns enlarged.
on 15 May 2010
Bought this for a few 'rainy day' ideas to use up scraps and it has some great projects. I'm not great at re-creating by the letter and i tend to take bits of projects to come up with my own ideas, but this has loads of hints and tips and for someone who is new to sewing and wants some step by step guide to making some pretty little objects for themselves or as gifts, it's a good little book to have on your shelf.
on 22 November 2010
I bought this book for a present for my sister....but i think i might keep it! :D Theres loads of photos and clear instructions :) Will use over and over again, really useful for people who are getting started with sewing and havent really tried it before. its also good for people who know how to sew, because there is loads of new and exciting ideas in it! Deffinatly a book to have!! :)
on 30 August 2013
this book has got some good simple ideas a practical book for beginners but I think seasoned sewers would have already done most of these projects , having said that anyone who is into crafting would find it a delightful gift its one for the avid collectors sewing library
on 10 November 2009
I loved the look of the 4 bags illustrated on the cover of this book and would have been quite satisfied with the instructions for just those 4. Imagine my delight upon opening the book, only to find a further 41 'must-make' bags.

Having accumulated a huge mound of fabric over the years I can now get to work on the designs in this book over the long, dark winter.

Everything about this book is, in my opinion, 5 star. I am truly thrilled.

wendy