This is physically a small book but don't let this put you off as there are in excess of a hundred pages. I like the photography used in this book as it makes the cupcakes look gorgeous! I found it really inspiring - it was one of the first cupcake books I purchased when I got into baking last year and I still refer to it.

It doesn't provide lots of cupcake recipes, just vanilla sponge and chocolate sponge (+ a few recipes for buttercream frosting and icing) but the idea behind this book is to give you the basic recipe so you can make cupcakes and then to provide you with plenty of inspiration in terms of decoration! The instructions and pictures are all really clear and easy to follow so the book is a really great place to start if you want to make fancy cupcakes!
on 14 August 2008
If you're hunting for a cupcake book for decoration ideas, this is the book for you. There's only a few sponge recipes at the beginning, which then includes the different frosting and icing that can be added to create the finished article. The rest of the book is about the different decoartion designs that can be incorporated to suit every occassion - not the type of book for someone like me if you wanted simple cupcake recipes.
on 3 June 2008
Although short on recipes (but the basic recipes do include ideas to vary them eg adding lemon zest etc) the designs are all so pretty with lots of lovely photos - and look easy to do. Perfect if, like me, you just want lots of cute, fun ideas that you don't need to be an expert to make yourself.
on 4 April 2009
There are a couple of flashes of brilliance, but for the most part the designs in this book are all rather dull. There's only so many times that you can pipe some buttercream and sprinkle glitter over a cupcake! I did really like the Bollywood cupcake (really pretty and unusual) and the retro fondant-topped cupcakes.

I should also note that the method for making flower paste is incomplete. It says to follow the royal icing method but the ingredients for the two are completely different!

One to borrow from the library rather than buy!
on 17 February 2009
I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE INSPIRED WHEN I ORDERED THIS BOOK BUT WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED WHEN IT ARRIVED. NO IMAGINATIVE DESIGNS OR RECIPIES. ALSO THERE ARE ONLY A COUPLE OF BASIC FLAVOURS.
I PASSED THROUGH M&S THE OTHER DAY AND CAME ACCROSS THEIR CUPCAKE BOOK . WHICH IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH. TOO MANY FLAVOURS TO CHOOSE FROM AND GREAT HINTS AND TIPS AT THE BACK OF THE BOOK. AND AT HALF THE PRICE IT WAS A BARGAIN.
on 8 October 2009
Having recently discovered the joys of cupcake eating I thought I would give making some a go ! This book was chosen after scrolling through dozens of the different ones available. My verdict. Easy to read and use instructions and I am no skilled baker by any means. Lovely ideas and colourful images to inspire you. And the best bit of all - the resulting cupcakes taste rather good even if I do say so myself !
on 30 March 2009
I was fairly disappointed with this book. I've had the Cookie one for a while and use it all the time and while this one uses the same format, to me it lacked the imagination. There are some lovely cakes in here, such as the meringue-topped 'Coffee Morning Treat' and the black & white 'Retro Look', which I can't wait to try but the overall feeling I got was that they were all a bit samey. For example, there were about a dozen that were variations of 'pipe buttercream, add a decoration and sprinkle with coloured sugar' (as on the cover). They were all very pretty but I was left feeling I wanted a bit more. On the plus side, the designs were mostly quite simple and there was very little specialist equipment required so this book would suit a beginner or someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of time on cupcakes.

One other thing I'd like to mention is that the copy I had supplied by Amazon was written for an American market, despite apparently being a UK edition. Measurements were in cups or imperial only (and I've never measured an accurate cup of butter without affecting the finish of the cake) and oven temperatures are given only in °F. It might not take all that much effort to figure out the different terminology but I find it annoying - in practice, I probably won't use this book much because of the hassle of trying to figure out how hot the oven should be.
However, the 'Look Inside' feature shows British measurements so it may be pot luck which version you get.

Overall, this book didn't live up to its potential and while I would certainly recommend reading it, it's not one to rush out and buy unless you particularly want something simple.
on 27 February 2010
This small book is vital to anyone who has gone cupcake crazy! The basic vanilla recipe is delicious and the buttercream is out of this world. I own lots of cupcake books and still find myself coming back to this one time and time again because it never lets me down. From the outside it resembles a cute little stocking-filler of a book, but inside its a gem. It's very true...never judge a book by its cover!
on 20 July 2011
Handy little book with some good ideas and recipes. Also some good tips. Covers every occasion from birthdays to Xmas. Thought it worked out a little expensive when you consider the postage added to the price. Delivered in 2 days.
on 28 July 2009
I have just purchased "bake me I'm yours cupcake "by Joan and Graham Belgrave, Bake Me I'm Yours: Cup Cake: Over 100 Excuses to Indulge (Bake Me, I'm Yours...)this is an excellent book with lots of fantastic ideas and very easy to follow instructions. If you like cupcakes this book is a must.