on 15 November 2014
Mr Dowden is the best at painting water. I paint animals and people but bought this book just because it is full of lovely paintings. Size wise the book is smaller than A4. I can just about get it into my purse. So I take it out and about with me when I have to sit and wait for appointments. The tutorials are fairly good and you can work out what is going on. I prefer video tutorials. Like I said I bought it to drool over.
on 11 December 2011
this s of a great help to my students and i we can now get a great insight into how we could be going wrong and ihow to rectify it
on 16 February 2013
Joe Dowden is very inspirational and this book will help anyone. keep on trying and you will succeed all the time
on 19 April 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this book. The techniques used are very informative and tips given will be very useful
this book is very colourful, and very well presented with easy to follow stages.
on 21 April 2013
Some of the instructions assume a certain level of knowledge. as a beginner I like to have more of a clear "recipe" approach.
on 26 September 2012
This was an excellent book. Very informative and easy to follow. I have a fasination for painting water and found this book was very good at pointing me in the right direction. Some beautiful pictures and very comprehensive descriptions of methods. Good value. I could also look inside this book before buying which I think is essential.
on 24 April 2013
Very impressed with this beautiful book. I have found it very useful as I am trying to teach myself watercolouring. When I have more time I know it will be very helpful.
on 14 June 2014
The book provides a variety of examples for one to refer to. The combination of explanations and the step by step pictorial illustrations are easy to follow.
on 2 April 2013
A really lovely book. Helpful advice and projects to try out. I have used this book a fair amount since purchasing, I would recommend this to budding artists
on 10 May 2014
Joe Francis Dowden is s fabulous painter and author. He has a great stile of painting and he shares that with us in a very nice helpful way. Thanks Joe.