on 31 July 2013
I've bought this book because I quickly get bored with big projects, but for some reason, knitting lots of small squares is fun.

My only gripe is that some of the squares are repeated up to 5 times in different colours, so if you're expecting 200 different designs you may be disappointed.

On the plus side, I love that there are suggestions on how to put the squares together. I'll be scanning the sqaures and then cutting and pasting to make a patchwork design I like before I start knitting. (But then I love playing on my pc too!)

Each square also has suggestions of up to 3 other squares you could knit to form a larger project. Brilliant book!
12 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2015
During the long winter evenings I find I sit in front of far too much telly. Knitting helps to keep my hands busy and stave off boredom. This book provides a wide range of six-inch projects ( you can do one a night) which you can eventually stitch together into a loving tiny baby blanket, a shawl for your mum, a huge throw for the spare room bed or a 'badly blanket' for whoever needs cosseting. I liked the 'mix and match' appeal of this book.
on 18 December 2017
Really handy little book of stitch patterns. A lot of them are repeated but it’s worth it for the variety of patterns you get anyway
2 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2016
I have made lots of blocks from this book. Plenty of variation and am using up my stash of wool. Fantasic to sit and watch TV whilst knitting. Each block is very quick to knit up.
4 people found this helpful
on 15 February 2018
I'm a novice knitter and this book has been great for trying out new techniques. Lovely pictures and clear Instructions. I think it would suit all levels of knitter.
on 16 June 2015
Lots of choice and endless possibilities for creating unique and original afghans. Ok, so she does "cheat" slightly by repeating the same pattern in different colours and numbering it as a "new" block, but there's still plenty of variety to be found in these pages. The only other criticism I have is that the charts are a little to small to make for ease of following, but on the whole I am enjoying working through this book.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2014
I have loved this book from the moment I opened it. I knit squares for the Knit a Square charity who then sew them together and distribute them to Aids Orphans in South Africa and this has given me such inspiration. I have tried pattens that I would normally have admired and thought to hard. The instructions, pictures and patterns are all very well laid out and explained throughout the book. Would definitely recommend this book to all blanket makers.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2018
This is a great book, I am knitting a blanket and love that you can make all different blocks which you can adapt yourself if necessary. It's full of ideas and patterns.
One person found this helpful
on 12 July 2014
Very pleased with this purchase, I have knitted since I was old enough to learn but went on to other crafts, saw this book and thought it looked good. If you are a beginner it gives you small squares to knit so good to learn with good instruction, if like me you have knitted for a long time there is still things to try and you can make a nice blanket/ throw and have a change from other crafts and relaxing knit.
on 8 January 2016
This book has a really good explanation of the different stitches and how to knit with different colours which is great for a novice like me. I do however agree with some other reviewers that it is a shame that the 200 blocks include several colour variations that anyone with half a brain would be capable of working out for themselves. Still the patterns that I have tried so far are easy enough to follow and for the most part I am pleased with the results.
One person found this helpful