on 23 September 2012
I bought an old welsh dresser for £5.00 at a boot sale, an absolute wreck, didn't know where to start, contemplated using it as firewood, saw 'Just Junk' on Amazon,bought it, followed the simple techniques which even I could understand, two weeks later sold the finished 'shabby chic' dresser on Ebay for £120.00. not bad for a first attempt. Now spending my weekends hunting down potential gems. Highly recommend this great little book, Linda Barker, I love you.
on 12 January 2014
Albeit this is an old publication and some paints and products have been updated in the intervening period it provides useful guidance and ideas. Whilst the decorative tastes may have changed a bit the techniques and concepts run true.
on 4 December 2010
In this book Linda shows how delicate and beautiful creativity can be. With easy-to-follow techniques she she gives us valuable insights about re-using old things, bringing them back to life and giving us that sense of achievement. This is one of my favourite books of the kind.
on 29 July 2016
Very good book about improving anything around the house with different approaches from painting to stenciling, mosaic and guilding ideas. It explains everything from how to prep a surface how to use guiding techniques. Now the projects are all awesome in their execution, but some are bit ugly but do not let this put you off, to me the methods how improving old things is why i bought it, and why i m very happy with this book. Hope this review helps.
on 18 February 2014
I already had this book and bought this for my sister. There are some really great ideas with clear consise instructions. Some projects are even easier than the book says as there are new products on the market which save time but it's a great source of inspiration.
on 4 January 2014
have always wanted to rejuvenate and put my stamp on old pieces but neve rknew where to start. this is a great beginning
on 18 November 2012
Gives good tips and ideas, nice book. Prompt delivery, good quality and perfect for giving old bits and pieces a new lease of life
on 15 June 2013
An in sight to Shabby Sheek.
The book is helpful to first time ideas on this subject.
I read it with interest and resold the item.
Selivery and price was good.
on 18 August 2014
I bought this book for my wife who has just started doing her own furniture and she loves it. She finds it very easy to follow with clear instructions and would recommend it
on 14 July 2013
Out dated and not the best quality pictures. Money better spent on magazines. Doesn't give an overall picture of what you want to achieve