Customer reviews

on 20 March 2017
Brilliant book. A bit large for coffee table! Contents a surprise as quite varied. Highly recommended.
on 13 June 2015
Such a wonderful big book of art, it is so enormous and totally eclectic. I love reading it with my 12 year old son, there is every kind of creativity in here and as an artist myself I love so much of it, it is really awakening his interest in art too.
on 26 November 2012
I bought this book for a friend as a present, I was so impressed with the quality of the prints and the breadth of artists covered that I also bought a copy for myself. This is a great reference book and opens up the world of art to anybody that has any interest in the subject in a concise and coherent form. It is a book that I know I will view and enjoy over and over again.
on 6 January 2013
Very good value for the money, a very thick heavy book, encyclopaedic all on art, bought as a present well received
on 18 February 2014
amazing how frequently can randomly select pages and not having heard of the artist- great educator.

very useful reference book providing good cross reference to similar artists - just one selected photo of each artist and likely one you don't know- names of others might be good future addition.
alone dosnt make you an expert on a particular artist and dosnt have you saying 'thats brilliant but usually enough to make you go look further - google or whatever or exhibition
on 3 February 2013
An amazing book, a great reference tool and it has introduced us to new artists,If you have a vague interest in art, buy it!!!
on 30 December 2012
brought as a present for someone. has 100's of extra artists in than the other art book which looked great in itself. great value purchase as considerably less than in waterstones
on 14 November 2013
I used to have the very small paperback version of this book which you could slip into a bag and carry around with you for dipping into. Thought I would try the hard back which is huge and heavy but absolutely worth every penny. The quality of the photographs is excellent and I would recommend this book to anyone interested in art.
on 4 February 2015
Beautiful photos. Interesting facts.
No doubt it will be a great sofa table book. Not to be confused with a real art book where you really want to know details of each artist, as not in this book.
on 17 November 2013
I bought this book for my daughter who is in her final year of an Art degree, She is very pleased with the quality of the book and is finding it useful. I'm not an expert but it looks good to me.