Customer reviews

on 12 January 2012
I was looking forward to a book of images of one of the better known American photography colour masters, but this disappointed me.

I remember when Joel M's images first came to my attention many years before this book was published, and what I remember most strongly was the really sumptuous gourmet colours in his images -and that surely is a lot of what his colour work was about (think the hotel swimming pool shot ) - this book doesnt pack the same punch with the colours; It looked washed out and flat by comparison to what I remembered of his images previously.

Whether it's my memory or the book that needs better profiling I can't say for certain but colour was one of the essential qualities that marked his images out for me, and this detracts that very quality from his images. maybe it's just too cheap, it unfortunately looks it.

I really wish it was a book that did his images justice in quality terms, but , for me , it fails in that.
on 14 February 2011
This is perhaps the most enjoyable way of looking at photos. Interesting shots coupled with short comments about them by the photographer. A good buy.
on 13 May 2015