Customer reviews

Egon Schiele
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2015
Unfortunately I wanted as many colour as possible. I already have the Egon Schiele Landscapes and that is streets ahead of this one for coloured pictures and comes highly recommended (by me).

This review is purely to help others out wondering, like I did, about how many colour illustrations there are, and not a critique of the writing, I suggest you read the other reviews for that, which, if you want quality writing on art and less on the quality of the pictures, then by other people's reviews, this book is very good. The pictures they do have, in B&W and colour, are not even the ones I like the most. I just hope it's a damn fine read.

I could go on about, why produce these pictures in B&W, but I'll stop there, and leave you with my recommendation, if you want coloured visuals, then suggest you look for another book, or better still, go to the Leopold Gallery in Vienna. I recognise that it's my mistake picking an unseen book and relying on reviews, and I paid for it. I hope I have helped someone else looking for an indication about the pictures within, the same as I was.
on 27 March 2014
Fantastic book, super fast delivery considering it was send to my home in Spain. For those who love Schiele is a great approach to his art. Essential in my art book collection.
on 29 June 2015
lovely book! Took a while to arrive but was exactly as it said it was. Thanks
on 25 October 2011
This is a very readable and thorough book, showing high quality colour reproductions of Schiele's incredible life drawings and paintings. It's a small hard back book. A must in every artist's studio.
on 10 October 2012
I have a few Egon Scheile books and this one is by far the best. I first saw it when I was doing art at school and upon leaving, I just HAD to buy it. It's that good.
If you like Scheile then you'll love this book. Cannot recommend enough.
on 1 June 2012
thank you.. hubby very happy with this book.. a lover of all books on art history, artists and their lives and times
regards
philomena
on 27 March 2015
recomended
on 27 November 2001
This book is a fantastic buy for anyone with an interest in controversial art. Combining stunning pictures with a detailed account of Schiele's life, the book presents the works in an accessable manner. I think it's a shame that Schiele is so often dissmissed as misogynistic, when the true nature of is work is not women as objects, but the true reality of upper class morals, the taboos of sex and Schiele's own complicated relationship with the world. A truly fascinating and beautiful book.
on 23 February 2001
The book includes a brief biography. But the main basis of the book is emphasised on his actual works. It includes most of his paintings and a wide range of his black and white illustrations. The book is fairly big, so the pictures are presented on a resonable scale to work visually from. It however does not include a huge amount of writing and analysis.But a perfect book, for anyone who is wanting to enjoy his work and learn from his techniques.
0Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse