Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 April 2011
An update of an old favourite. I bought two copies; one for each of my rugby pals who share my drawing room during counless televised matches pretending they know all the laws! This little book is useful but not great in terms of appearance. It does its job though.
on 9 July 2013
I played rugby as a forward for many years, but really only knew the relevant rules for my position - it was rare that I was in the full back spot and looking to take a huge kick back up field. I realised this was not helping me enjoy watching the game on TV and so I sought out a book to help with this.

The 'Know the Game' series seem reputable and indeed the book is very good. The cover is a sort of semi-hardback plastic and it is well put together. The book is split into sensible sections and covers everything you'd need it to. There is not too much information on playing the game from a tactical perspective, or how to train for it, but I don't think it aims to cover this. There are numerous guides on fitness and strategy, and from purely a rules point of view, this book is spot on.
on 9 April 2013
A great help to a rugby novice like me. Well produced, full of helpful diagrams and explanations. No excuses now. Good value.
on 27 February 2013
Hubby is enjoying reading up on the rules when watching rugby on the TV, and trying to explain it all to me.
on 27 September 2014
My Grandson Has taken up Rugby in USA and finds the book easy to follow and understand, most helpful.
on 22 February 2016
Not bad, but excludes all the more complicated rules, especially the nuances of the offside laws.
on 1 January 2016
Informative and funny to boot. Ideal bog hole reading.
on 16 December 2014
A useful introduction to the rules of rugby
on 11 November 2014
very useful, helps to understand the game.
on 18 April 2015
Arrived promptly, exactly as described.