Customer reviews

on 9 September 2013
If you want to know a good range of books to find for your child at various ages from birth onwards, this is excellent.

Varied suggestions, with summaries and recommendations from famous names, you'll not run short for years to come.

I work in a library so I use this book as a bit of a checklist to make sure my (currently 2.5 year old) son doesn't miss any classics or fun reads I don't know already.

Happy reading :)
on 2 April 2013
I lke to buy bookd for my grandchildren as they have a lot of toys at nursery as well as at home but they also have a lot of books too so I want to see what gaps I should fill up in their libraries. It is nice to see that the books I remember are still just as popular and recommended, but I am always on the nlookout for new recommendations to keep up to date. I dont' put five stars because the ultimate consumer is the child, not me!.
on 4 October 2015
Amazing
on 31 August 2014
Great book, with all the reasons you should read to a young child and some excellent suggestions for which books to chose.
Very helpful.
on 26 March 2013
Such an enjoyable,informative boo.k.Could just dip in and out of it.I will be using it for quite a few years to come.
on 26 October 2008
With publishers arranging to advertise any old rubbish before it's even been written, here at last is a good way to find what's worth reading to the very young, instead of just what's on the shelves. Following the recommendations becomes addictive. But, just think! Your determination is enriching the shelves of your local library (ask for a request card when things aren't there. Or ask them to order the book you want through inter-library loan.) There are companion copies for older children too.
on 13 March 2011
excellent book with lots of ideas of which books will be suitable at the various ages it covers.

I actually was shown a copy someone got from the library and i was so impressed that I bought my own copy