Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2013
Great book. Simple story of hydroelectric electricity from dam to delivery at home. Sat and read book to my 9 yr old and 5 yr old sons. Not too complicated for 5 yr old not to understand the story and not too childish for 9 yr. We had fun reading story of electricity which is well decribed supported with good pictures for first time learners of the subject. The 5 yrs old got the story and I learnt one or two things ....and I'm an engineer I'm embarrased to say. Would recommend.
on 25 June 2011
I bought this book after receiving another from the series as a gift for my daughter. This is an excellent series, which my daughter enjoyed from the age of 5, she still reads them now aged ten. Well worth a buy!
on 4 January 2015
Great book for a ten year old. I bought this for my nephew and I read through it before sending it to him. It is amazing, lovely pictures describing the different stages and functions of electricity in an easy to understand way. There are other books similar that I would like to buy to add to this book to make up a nice colllection. Great educational book but also fun and quite mature looking book.
on 11 February 2015
I purchased charged up and charging about by the same author, while the front cover and title are are different the contents are the same if I know this I would have only purchase one of the books I would have given 5 stars for the book otherwise
on 28 May 2013
A great book for young, curious readers, with information available to them in both words and illustrations. I like the style of the layout, and the quality of the areas of the subject which were covered. My Year 2 children loved it.
on 13 December 2013
Ideal reading for our budding electrician !! Makes a good Xmas present along with the screwdrive, box of fuses and AVOmeter
on 23 July 2013
A good source for kids electricity project. My son (7) loved the illustrations and it is very easy to understand.
on 18 July 2013
daughter loves this book - grown ups can learn a thing or too from it also! Very clear and colourful
on 30 August 2014
My children aged 3 and 6 were fascinated by this book. Gives a full account in simple detail.
on 9 September 2014
My grandson was very pleased with this.