Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 31 October 2010
I borrowed this book originally, and another friend had also highly recommended books by Jennie Rayment. I bought the book because I wanted my own copy as it shows lots of stuff about manipulating fabrics which is what I have progressed on to after attending a couple of courses of ordinary patchwork & quilting. This type of creativity is just up my street - it all looks so complicated but once you follow Jennie's instructions - which is like following a recipe - you arrive at the amazing finish.
on 15 June 2010
I have worked through this book project by project using metres of calico (thank goodness it's cheap!) and have learned some attractive and useful techniques, which could be applied in many areas of my sewing. A useful and interesting book.
on 6 April 2011
It takes a while to get your head round some of the concepts in this book, but once the penny drops the results are lovely. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, with lots of ideas for developing them further and making them your own. But do make sure you measure and mark accurately! I look forward to experimenting further.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 February 2011
I bought this book to see how to make the honeycomb tucking which is pictured on the back cover.

The edges of the pleating is either satin stitched with variated thread or painted with fabric paint. I bought this book as the image and detail of how to do it is unfortunately on page 22 not shown on "Look inside this book".

A circular version is also in the book.

There is a chapter on machine quilting towards the back of the book but the sewing machine is used in the earlier chapters too.

A surprise was the use of the old fashioned ruffler foot. Small pieces of pleated fabrics are formed then stitched one way. A view of large piece formed by smaller pieces sewn together is visible on Page 14 which you can view in the "Look inside the Book" arrangement.

This book is an "Ideas" Source as well as a series of projects.

Well worth it's price.
on 4 April 2013
I love this book. I recently went on a tucks & textures course taught by the author Jennie Raiment, which was brilliant. This book continues from that class. Jennie is a fabulous teacher and it really shows in the book. The techniques are great and the instructions make it all achievable.
on 17 August 2014
This is a fabulous book and I can recommend it to anyone who is interested in Jennie Rayments work. It's innovative and different and I love the clever folds and the use of calico. Highly recommended
on 28 May 2010
Following a talk by Jennie Rayment I was interested in particular in one of her quilts mentioned. Subsequently I purchased the appropriate book at a reduced price from Amazon. I look forward to making the fridge quilt soon.
on 15 March 2016
had difficulty finding this book but managed to get a perfect copy at a reasonable price through Amazon. Had a slight wait but I think it came from America however this did not increase the postage.
on 9 January 2014
A brilliant book. Very clear diagrams and explanations. Lots of ideas to try. I cannot wait to get my fabric and start tucking.
on 29 May 2016
This book is excellent for tucks, giving plenty of ideas with clear step by step instructions to follow