on 17 March 2014
Recently saw and talked to Denise Musk at Bournemouth Machine Knitting Live exhibition. She was inspiring and so willing to explain her techniques. When I came back I searched for this book and was lucky enough to find this excellent copy in a second - hand bookstore. Sometimes second-hand bookstores are better than new ones. Some of the techniques are quite advanced and so will need a lot of practice, but Denise makes everything very clear. A well written and clearly illustrated book.
on 13 July 2013
Because home and artisan machine knitting has fallen out of favour there has not been a new book published in twenty or so years. This means that all my machine knitting books are used, the price of new books being prohibitive.

I have bought many books on machine knitting over the past year and, as there is usually no "look inside" facility, I don't know what I am getting until it arrives. Some have been good, some so-so and others outstanding.

I find that the contents page is invaluable for giving an impression of what the book is all about and with that in mind, I will endeavour to reproduce the contents page of all my machine knitting books so that others can get a better idea of what they are about to buy.

I have not yet used any of the techniques in this book so a full review must come at a latter date.

Abbreviations 11
Further reading 153
Appendix: The punch cards - where to find them in this book 154
Yarn and sundries suppliers 155
Index 157

I hope this proves helpful to you.
on 15 June 2013
I had this book many years ago when I firststarted machine knitting. It went with the machine when I sold it, but now some 30 years on having started machine knitting again I found it very useful to fill in the parts that I couldn't remember.
on 30 July 2015
Good book at a brilliant price. Maybe could have more patterns in it, but possibly this is only down to my taste.
on 10 January 2016
Good Deal, perfect service! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!