on 26 August 2017
Great book
on 17 May 2017
Pleased to get this. Helpful to a newbie machine knitter.
on 5 October 2012
Excellent reference book. Illustrations show what is actually happening to the needles as the carriage passes over. Gives one a better understanding of the resulting stitch. Techniques and tips are here, as are problem solving and design possibilities. I expect to be using this book regularly.

Because home and artisan machine knitting has fallen out of favour there has not been a new book published in twenty or so years. This means that all my machine knitting books are used, the price of new books being prohibitive.

I have bought many books on machine knitting over the past year and, as there is usually no "look inside" facility, I don't know what I am getting until it arrives. Some have been good, some so-so and others outstanding.

I find that the contents page is invaluable for giving an impression of what the book is all about and with that in mind, I will endeavour to reproduce the contents page of all my machine knitting books so that others can get a better idea of what they are about to buy.

Acknowledgements 9
6. Compendium of techniques and tips 86
7. Design possibilities 163
8. Appendix 184
Index 187

I hope this helpful to you.

I would also recommend Janet Nabney's "Designing Garments on the Knitting Machine" to anyone who is serious about designing knitwear.
on 18 March 2013
I am a complete beginner to machine knitting and own this book plus Machine Knitter's Handbook. I feel for quite some time I have plenty to learn from these two recources.
I have started learning from this book by Janet Nabney. It's easy to read and by following the instruction I was able to knit a swatch, learn how to cast on, off, increase, decrease and knit a little sample jumper + several ways of hems.
I highly recommend the book to any machine knitting novice.
on 1 April 2014
This is a very useful book to help someone get started on machine knitting at home, with good advice and clear illustrations. It is placed right beside my machine at this moment.
on 23 March 2017
this book is to replace an old one
on 1 August 2017
very good
on 15 June 2017
In very good condition
on 13 November 2015
Very pleased I purchased this book, exactly what I wanted. Good clear diagrams and helpful tips for solving problems. Would recommend it to any starting out or for experienced knitters wanting some additional tips.
on 15 November 2013
A really useful book although not for beginners I dont think, but I have a little experience myself so finding it very useful