on 25 September 2015
This was bought as part of my dads birthday present. He is 83 and such items mean a lot to him. He loved it and showed me each page talking about them. I think it was his most liked present dispite expebsive others items having been bought.
Thank you to who ever placed put it on amazon for sale.
It has gone to a much wannted home.
To my dad to whoom it brings back to memories of the 1940s onwards
on 2 August 2013
Full of the most wonderful black and white photos, takes me back to what seems such a long time ago, very relevant photos which shows us how we have moved on. It is a lovely book in good condition considering it was second hand it was well worth the purchase. Everyone that visits cant resist glancing through it. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on 2 August 2016
I love this book as it concentrates more on ordinary, everyday people and situations of the era rather than the current craze of celebrities. More books like this would be welcome in my opinion.
on 23 May 2017
Great wee compendium of picture post shots. Definitely missing some of the more well known shots but I like the fact it's thematically arranged.
on 25 July 2015
A well presented summary which can be read in one sitting. The focus is very much on the photographs which is as it should be. A nice range of well selected images which capture the essence of the magazine. i found it fascinating and well worth the few pounds it cost me.
on 21 August 2014
A good purchase! Recommend buying this book if you are interested in history and the wonderfully shots in black and white photography which is another good reason to purchase this book.
on 7 December 2015
Saw this in a hotel recently. The pictures are not all of great quality but the images are timeless
on 17 October 2016
A lovely bit of nostalgia. Not quite the specular variety I had been hoping for.
on 9 July 2016
Lovely bit of nostalgia - great photos.
on 4 November 2016
Ok if you get if for .01p as I did- just to have an idea of the wonderful images that were often in Picture Post. But the layout is appalling - with pictures spread across two pages and the centre of the image disappearing into the spine gutter. Even Bert Hardy's famous photograph of the little boy looking up at the two women talking has been destroyed. And there are NO credits - so you only know a photograph is by someone like Bert Hardy if you happen to already know that photograph..