Format: Sheet music|Change

on 5 December 2009
this book is great, large layout and format so easy to read, perfect for a keyboard player who is more advanced than a starter, it contains a good selection as you can see...

A Man And A Woman
East Of The Sun
Edelweiss
Feelings
Fever
Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread
It's Impossible
I've Got You Under My Skin,
Let It Be Me
Let Me Try Again
Love Is Blue (L'amour Est Bleu)
Love Letters In The Sand
Send In The Clowns
She's Out Of My Life
Smile
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
Solitude
Swedish Rhapsody
Sweet And Lovely
That's Life
The Girl From Ipanema
The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
The Touch Of Your Lips
Yes Indeed
Yesterday When I Was Young
You Don't Bring Me Flowers
Your Cheatin' Heart
99 comments| 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2009
This is probably the best music book I have ever used.The contents are varied and interesting as the book comprises melodies both old and contemporary.It would be best suited to a player of moderate ability and upwards.A really great purchase.
on 24 August 2010
having bought this I needed to cut it up and 4 hole punch each sheet and place in a binder which worked well for me( cannot hold down pages there are so many over 230 pages. now all is ok and well worth my efforts as for the playing well thats another story ha ha.
on 21 December 2010
The songs are just right for my father as a Christmas present. However, it looks like the older version of this book has ring binding. This version does not, therefore I am considering splitting the pages and ring binding it myself. I think that 'binding type' should be mandatory information for all sheet music books.
on 14 December 2011
This is exactly what I wanted, great songs, many recognisable that I can sing along to. Some are fairly easy eg Are You Lonesome Tonight', some are more difficult but so lovely I'm persevering eg 'Memory'.

Many thanks to the previous reviewer who took the trouble to list the contents, I wouldn't have forked out the money without some idea what I was getting.

My only gripe is that it's impossible to open the book enough to lay it flat to read as you play. First day I got it I spent an hour tearing the pages out, punching them and filing in a 3-ring binder.
on 13 July 2011
Lots of well known songs. Quite a few I don't recognise but maybe I will when I get round to playing them. A classic selection. Don't expect anything up to date. Very easy to play piano arrangement - I can accompany myself and that's pretty unusual!
on 9 September 2011
Excellent variety of all music and the songs are timeless for all generations. If anyone is learning to play a keyboard this book is ideal as it is so simple to follow the music scores! 1st class gift!!
on 16 November 2010
The keyboard music book was purchased after reading another Amazon review. The basis for the purchase was that the product had to be spiral bound to permit easy opening and lay flat while in use. There is also a modern version of this product which is not spiral bound making it more difficult to use. Condition as described, exellent value.
on 8 December 2011
As I am still learning to play my keyboard I find that it is not to hard to follow the music.
on 18 January 2013
The only reason I did not give this book five stars was because there was no fingering shown, which I would have found helpful. For such a big book it was a pleasant surprise to find I could open it up at any page and follow the music, with the help of a large bulldog clip to keep the book open. I was afraid I would have to deconstruct the book and file the separate pages in a binder. Some reviews have said the songs are old fashioned and I agree but being of a certain age myself, I love the old standards so am very pleased indeed with the purchase.