Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 November 2009
Our daughter, who is 16, gives piano lessons to children age 6 upwards, most of whom are literally starting from the beginning. She finds John's Thompson's Easiest Piano Course to be ideal material for her lessons. The children identify with the illustrations without being distracted and find the learning curve acceptable. Also the price is affordable for parents and they sometimes like to have atry themselves. An excellent resource.
on 25 August 2014
Amazing how quickly you develop that essential 'muscle memory' while following this course. I'm a very slow learner (and having a disability doesn't help) but this course has improved greatly my sight reading and my all important hand-eye coordination whilst playing.
on 22 January 2001
My daughter (age 6) really liked this book, and the pieces are chosen to introduce a range of basic piano techniques. The "theory" sections are also useful at this stage.
on 29 September 2012
I love this series
We have bought books one and two so far and my daughter has used them from a complete beginner
It goes at a really managable pace and the pieces are interspersed with music reading and theory exercises too which is good (although we did buy another theory book for additional practise)
My daughter has just started book 2 and I can't believe how well she is doing. The book has really helped her to improve in easy stages and she finds the pieces fun too
I highly recommend this user friendly book for any beginner, but especially children (my daughter was 6 when she started using them)
on 4 June 2015
I bought this book for my son. He began piano lessons in February and has just completed book One of John Thompsons easiest piano course. It does what is says on the front. He is really learning piano and how to understand music and he is finding it easy. I have seen brilliant results.
on 13 November 2015
I use this book for all my young beginners, but I have only given it four stars as I find it sometimes goes a bit too fast, and I have to add in pieces from other books. Other than that, I think it it is the best book for young beginners on the market, and I would recommend it, as there is some real rubbish out there!
on 22 November 2011
I ordered this book for my ten year son who had started piano lessons. He had previously been using John Thompsons Easiest Piano Course Part 1 dating back to the eighties which is exactly the same apart from updated pictures. It was easy to follow but it does help getting professional tuition to show how to play certain notes/keys. There are exercises to complete along the way to help with your understanding of the notes learnt. My son has almost completed this first book and is looking forward to beginning the second.
on 29 February 2012
This is such a good series for children learning with/without a teacher. It`s clearly laid out, colourful and fun, and gives the student a perfect grounding both in notation and playing skills- left/right hand together early on, bass clef/treble clef learning in parallel, hands in one position. The accompaniments are fabulous...
on 11 November 2012
This bok has been used by my daughter during her keyboard lesson and was recommended by the teacher. Simple easy steps good way to get kids to learn the basics of reading music. Interspersed with other stuff it has been great.
on 4 January 2014
I use these all the time as I prefer this course. I can add my own expertise to the given material.