Format: Diary|Change

on 13 November 2009
This is the 3rd book i have bought as a gift - each copy has been thoroughly appreciated and used by the walking enthusiast, who is incidentally now the 4th nutter in England for 2009. (hill walkers will understand what this is!) Each page allows the walker to record details and comments about each individual walk and hill bagging, making a memorable keepsake.The book is also nicely illustrated throughout. I definately recommend this book for dedicated walkers, and you don't have to be a hill walker to use it, any walk you do can be recorded for your future records!
on 17 October 2015
Really disappointed. Very rarely write reviews but felt compelled to warn other walking enthusiasts to avoid this. The idea is great, the execution really poor. It all comes down to the cover. It didn't even survive delivery, so it has no chance if used on walks and taken in and out of your ruc-sac.

Bought this as a present for my best buddy who is fanatical about Wainwright and walking the fells. No way could I give this to him - would have been embarrassing!

PS - Ditto for the 2016 Wainwright Diary
on 10 November 2016
This book is fab for anyone with a love of walking
on 25 December 2009
This is very handy for day walkers, but will not neccessarily suit long distance, or multi-day trail followers. That said, it is cheap enough to buy and make up one's own mind if it suits.

It is rugged and well presented, with very amusing little pictures and an index to inform the user whence each derives from Wainwright's books.
on 17 January 2011
I brought this Walkers Notebook as a present for someone who has been going to the Lakes for over 20 years and making their own walking notes in a file. They were thrilled with the notebook as there was good spacing to jot down notes and drawings as well as lovely illustrations from Wainwright.
on 14 July 2015
Really needed to keep a track of the 36 walks I am undertaking to compete the AW fells. I wanted a keepsake alongside my daily blogging and tripadvisor updates. I was impressed with the hardback quality of the book. This book will be my constant companion along my journey.
on 24 December 2016
Brought it for my dad as he loves walking. He's so happy with it and it's a really handy size and would fit perfectly into a rucksack.
on 12 June 2016
I'm on my 8th Walker's Notebook / Logbook. But I can't understand why there are only 98 pages for your walks, why not 100??
on 6 January 2015
The notebook is a really good companion for anyone who likes to record their achievements - lovely little drawings interspersed with useful pages for notes. I didn't give an excellent rating purely because my copy arrived with a dented spine at the bottom edge (not a very padded jiffy bag) but there was not time to return it for a replacement as I was giving it as a Christmas gift.
on 25 September 2010
A durable cover, it doesn't get damaged from repeatedly being put in and out of my walking rucksack. There's not always enough space to write as much as i'd like for some of the walks because there are pictures at the bottom of many of the pages, (although it could be that i write too much). The pictures are very funny though and very well drawn.