on 4 March 2013
This is a fantastic book not only for children but for adults alike. I love project 29, mud castles, it is so liberating for children to know that they can play, crawl and cover themselves in mud and understand that it is ok, I showed this particular part to my grandson and he was enthralled and we are going to have a go this week, we have plenty of mud around at the moment. The ideas in this small book are so exciting and ALLOW children to be children. I work with schools in the woods and see that children are not allowed to get dirty and are scared they will be told off by their parents, so sad. Bring on the weather, we need never be put off by going into the great outdoors and enjoying ourselves and loosing ourselves in our imagination. Thank you
on 14 November 2015
A fabulous little book and companion to The Stick Book (my favourite), The Wild City Book and The Beach Book. Little gems of creativity, that give permission for adults and children alike to go outdoors and get a wee bit messy :-) I bought this to inspire me and my class (aged between 4 and 7) and have since ordered another copy to give to a student teacher as a leaving present. Highly recommended. The photos alone are inspiring!
on 30 August 2013
This is such a fantastic and truly inspiring book! I've been wanting to spend more time outside with my little one now she is old enough and this will keep us going in inspiration for years! Highly recommend!
on 22 April 2013
I would recommend this product because as a parent and a Brownie LeaderI wanted ideas for fun outside when the weather could be problematic.
on 26 October 2016
Ditch the DS, postpone the PS4 and extinguish the Xbox and venture OUTSIDE. The air is fresh, and the weather abundant. This little book gives lots of interesting and novel ways to engage with out of doors on bad weather days when you may have exhausted your own repetoire of stuff to do when it's raining. For example, using leaves as stencils in the rain. You might get muddy/wet/weatherbeaten, but you will have fun.
on 22 April 2013
This book is interesting in respect of reminding you that it is ok to be outside with the kids in all weathers and it certainly brings back those memories of childhood! However, there was nothing really exciting or new in it - if you have forgotten about the outdoors, and want a rethink on your weekends, this book is good, just not great
on 30 May 2013
I work with a group of young people mainly outdoors. This book is full of good ideas and a very good reference book for us.
ideal for groups this or fpr parents looking for new ideas. Would recommend
on 4 April 2013
Inspirational and lovely photography. Great activities for a huge range of ages, abilities and sizes to tackle. Bags of ideas where you think "oh that's brilliant . Why didn't I think of that? it is so obvious!" Many ideas use very low tech "ingredients" which is wonderful . Book is the perfect size for a pocket or rucksack.. I hope Fiona Danks does loads more books like this.. I'm completely addicted.
on 25 December 2013
I bought this for my daughter who is a child-minder, and she was thrilled. Gave it before Christmas so that she could start her planning, as she had told me that her first theme was 'weather' and she's hoping for some variety!!!
on 13 November 2013
And this is up to form. Some great ideas and written for practitioners or parents to use and enjoy. Lots of stuff for windy days and wet days. Snow days are a bit easier to deal with but keeping children outdoors (as I do at my outdoor play scheme) in grotty weather can be a challenge. We tried out several of these ideas over the last half term and they come tried and tested. Thanks, ladies!