Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on 7 June 2015
Great book love it.
on 21 August 2015
Lots of great ideas
on 17 February 2016
Fabulous
on 17 July 2015
I want to do everything they suggest!!!!
on 30 December 2013
having had a glance through this some of the suggestions are a bit adventorous & need extra materials you dont find locally
on 29 August 2014
Full of ideas for fun.
on 19 June 2015
Very good
on 4 April 2013
I have read this book, then read it again carefully, and now it's been put away on the shelf as it's time to go outside and play.
What i particularly like is the obvious reluctance of some of the children who prefer to stay in bed. Clearly we are talking about a real family here instead of the perfect set up i keep coming across on craft blogs.
For all ages, i mean some of the projects are most suitable for older teens, but there's always a place for the little ones, up to their elbows in sticks and mud generally, best place for them in my opinion.
on 21 December 2011
I love the book. My daughter is 6 & we find some craft/activity books a little repetetive or babyish. This book has some fantastic ideas that are a lot more original & challenging, requiring a little more skill than just blobbing glue or sticking tape everywhere. It really encourages adult/child bonding & is all the excuse you need to get outdoors. Even on what would normally be the most miserable of days; we go out, have some fun getting wet & muddy collecting our goodies from the garden/park/woods then get home in the cosy warm & complete our task. It also teaches young people to look at nature in a new light. My daughter was always picking up interesting stones/leaves/twigs on our journeys & now we actually have a use for them. Fantastic for inspiring imagination & learning to appreciate & respect nature, especially as some activities actively require the help of nature to complete- like the Ice Windows. I now have to remember to carry a bag in my pocket at all times because I never know when she'll come across more 'treasure'!!
Depending on the age of your youngster, I'd say this is not a book you would give in place of your time or attention (if you were hoping to find a way to distract the kids while you are busy) because a lot of the activities are quite intricate or have complicated aspects that younger children would need assistance with but if you are looking for things for you & your child/family to do together, I can't recommend enough. If, on top of that, you're looking for a way to get your children out in the fresh air & developing skills instead of couped up in the house staring at electronic screens- this is a must!
on 7 June 2010
A wonderful series of books and this latest one complements them. the books are well used in the woods when working with children & this half term we tried out the bows & arrows, peashooters and cups.....easy to use for adults and children alike, whilst simulating superb experiences for children.