Customer reviews

on 18 November 2014
One of my best purchases - I think back to the quotes from this book regularly. Not only can the selection of quotes conjure atmosphere but you will hanker after a novel once you put this down. Or maybe you will think of a new way to arrange your bookshelf: or maybe head down to a bookshop to see what you can acquire; or take a book to the park for a good afternoon's reading. This book fires your appreciation for books in general.
on 17 January 2009
This is essentially a collection of quotes about books and reading drawn from fiction, critical works and memoirs. These extracts are divided into categories, such as 'Buying Books' and 'Bookish Vices', and then arranged into miniature dialogues where each piece plays off the one before. This builds into a delightful book full of 'oh-my-God-that's-me!' moments; I will treasure it and dip into it again and again as time goes by because it expresses universal, enduring sentiments of genuine love for books and the joys of reading.
on 19 October 2011
This is a compendium of extracts from writings of the great and the good, the humble and the amusing about their reaction to/ love for/ accumulation of books. An antidote to online reading and Kindle - or not? - but anyhow a first class loo or bedside table book. I have had this one for a while myself and identified with much of it, enjoyed all; this review has come up because I have just bought another copy for a friend.
on 22 January 2007
Wonderful quotes about books from bibliophiles the world over. I constantly found myself smiling as I recognised my own thoughts and opinions expressed by others. While reading this book I felt as if I were in a room full of like minded souls. Marvellous fun!
on 14 May 2009
Superb.

No other word needed - although it is such a bargain at the low, low price offered.A Book Addict's Treasury
on 3 October 2014
just a compendium of parts.A.K.