on 26 May 2013
I liked this book very much. It has many interesting ideas, such as making bows and arrows, pond dipping, twig sculptures, and so many more... I really enjoy the pictures because it captures the children having fun. I have read a review that said there was nothing new to the ideas, but it isn't about giving us new ideas, but reminding us what being a child is really about. I would highly recommend this!
on 22 June 2014
I brought this as a gift for a Guides volunteer and she says that it is full of activities to get kids outside and enjoying all the fun things children can do outside. Prepare for muddy clothes though!!!
on 20 February 2013
Love this book. Although not all suitable for my childs age group you can adapt. You forget as you get older the things you used to do when you were a child in the woods/beach that was simple and fun.Imagination is a wonderful thing that should be encouraged. This has helped no end in getting my 4yr old engaged with nature and the beauty and fun it provides no matter how many seasons in a day we have in the UK.
on 6 November 2011
Book came quickly. Has lots of great ideas and practical support to get you started on the Forest schools idea.
Love the colourful pictures with real children getting messy whatever the weather
on 4 March 2012
This book is suitable for anyone working with children - parents, Grandparents, childminders, nursery practitioners, teachers etc. The pictures are beautiful and the ideas arew fantastic
on 4 August 2012
Desperate for some ideas to get our kids back outside and having fun as a family. This book is full of great ideas and just what we wanted. We're looking forward to trying them out.
on 2 January 2011
There are some lovely, very simple and cheap ideas in this book and I like the way it is divided into seasons. I have followed some of the suggestion and am glad I bought it
on 8 December 2012
New mums and mums of older children would like this book it is packed with ideas to get children outside and discovering the real world.
on 29 October 2013
I've only found one thing I can do with my 3-year old in this book - making elf houses. There, I've told you, and even then I think I'm more into it than he is. If you have time and energy to do crafty things there may be more. So it's a bit of a disappointment really. Maybe some of the others in the series are better. I would think it would be useful for scout masters and play group leaders and that sort of thing. Honestly, I wish I were the sort of person who liked such things. I think it's probably more aimed at older children too.
on 2 May 2006
I bought this book hoping it would offer me some new ideas, but I found nothing original in it. The book is nicely packaged and has some lovely photogrpahs but lacks any real imagination.

This book would be at home as a coffee table book in Islington or Hampstead, for trendy parents who "do" the countryside every now and then with their children.