Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2009
...and I'm now 30 years old!

Thank God I found this book! It's very difficult to explain what I believe to people without them thinking I'm nuts or blasphemous. I used to be a conservative evangelical missionary and I went to theological college in order to pursue a career as an evangelical missionary/pastor/theologian. And then I had a mystical experience, and saw that God was me, I was everything, and everything was God.

I usually say, "Well, I'm God! But I'm you! And you are me in a different body. The individual I am isn't the individual you are, but I am the I am, and you are the I am, which makes you me, and God me, but since I'm not all-powerful, I still pray to God, who is me in reality, but in my personal experience, not yet."

This book makes it VERY easy for me to explain what I believe to people (who don't know they're me)! If a kid can understand it, then at least my friends at theological college can too. (Much easier than asking them to read Teilhard)!

Also recommended (for adults) is the The God Theory: Universes, Zero-point Fields, and What's Behind it All by Bernard Haisch.

God bless, and see you all sometime in our/my future!
on 3 December 2013
I have chosen five stars because it is a beautifully presented book with few words but illustrating some very profound thoughts about who we are.
Without being particularly biased to any spiritual or religious beliefs it still has the ability to provoke thoughts on what we are doing here and who is really responsible for what happens in our world.
It is not a sad book though. It is one of hope. I feel it is good for any age group, even adults.
As an artist myself, I can honestly say the illustrations are brilliant.
I had bought it with the intention of giving it to my eldest God daughter, who will be nine soon, but I also think it is lovely to give to my elder son who is over forty and has been through some difficult times.
I shall just have to buy more!
on 10 September 2000
This book renders the most profound theme - the extent to which each one of us is uniquely loved by the Divine - accessible to the mind of a child and to the heart of an adult. It is remarkable for its depth through pure simplicity. A person with a sensitivity to that which is greater, will find great consolation in the beauty and clarity of this work.
We received this book as a present for our child and have given it as a gift to other parents and children since. The words, and the images upon which they rest, evoke tears because their union expresses the love of the One that is in our being and becoming.
Linda & Patrick, Sunday, September 10th, 2000.
on 15 September 2000
I gave this book to my favourite 6 year old, who loves it. He calls it 'the book with all the colours' and asks for it regularly for reading at bedtime, and greatly enjoys looking at the pictures - as do I, they are beautiful - and explaining the story to me. I would highly recommend it.
on 13 April 2000
A truely beautiful story for children and adults alike. The illustration was magical and the theme was enlightening. It was like a homecoming for me.
on 1 December 2003
Bravo! This beautiful and simple book is wonderful for both kids and adults. The reader is left with a renewed sense of hope and wonder. The broad and colorful illustrations wed with the haiku-like simplicity of a very timely message about discovering yourself. Whether the reader knows Deepak Chopra or Dilbert, they will be touched by the ubiquitous truth of this story.
on 10 September 2000
I must firstly admit I know Marty. I knew nothing of this book however. I ordered out of curiosity and wonderment. The single biggest suprise was that it appeared to be a childrens book. I expected it to be a story of Marty's personal journey, it is (to me). Imagine squeezing all your joy angst and love into a dozen pages and such few words and losing not a drop. Distilled down to the stature of a children's book ... very Zen! A modern parable of the journey of birth-death-rebirth which we all take in life, told for children, or was it? How do we prepare kids for this journey, they are already on.... start with this book! Of course YOU have to do the telling, as with all kids books.
The most delightful rewards of this book is that I can read it in seconds - for me a great refresher! and most important of all it is a wonderful contemporary fable of an ancient passage of rites.
With this book Marty has given me a medium with which I have already begun to tell my own story, and their own story, to my four children. If you want to talk to your kids about Oneness, Self, AllThatIs, etc .... here is a unique and wonderful tool. The illustrations capture the emotions of real life ... no fairy tale illusions here. We get it as our kids see it!
Great Book
Highly recommended.
Well Done, especially since there are no kids around you, that I know of!
Jim ... Mystical Storyteller
on 24 January 2014
Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Wonderful art and simple story wonderfully told. A must buy for children (and even adults) . Highly recommended
on 8 August 2014
A lovely book with a great message for children
on 16 March 2015