Customer reviews

on 11 April 2017
This is a real Gem of a book especially fo those of us who live close bye and visit it daily.
It is beautifully illustrated
on 13 December 2013
This book is a delight. It is packed full of information and anecdotes, and the author's love of Chichester Harbour and everything to do with it shines through. The fact that I live right next to the Harbour probably colours my view a little(!) but I think this is a book that anyone who loves the sea and the English countryside will enjoy and cherish. The villages, the people, the history and the present day activities in and around the Harbour are all covered in a light, straightforward style that carries the reader along on a joyful ride through this beautiful part of the south coast. Lovely!
on 20 December 2013
Liz Sagues book is a masterpiece. I frequently sail my Hawk 20 "Ellen" in the harbour and know every creek and inlet but I still learnt so much about our lovely harbour. I especially enjoyed reading the history of the harbour from the times of the ancient Britons and then the Romans through to more modern times.
The photographs are excellent, they capture the essence of the harbour in all its moods and states of the tide. We have an abundance of wildlife and there are numerous good photos of the birds and mammals seen in the harbour.
This is a book for those who appreciate British wildlife, unspoilt scenery, coastal sailing and local history.
David Cockshoot
on 12 January 2014
Really informative book with local knowledge - even mentions our little sailing club!! A must have for anyone that lives around Chichester Harbour, or visits frequently.
on 3 March 2014
I bought this because I live locally but don't know the area well. I shall definitely visit many of the places described. Jean Mallows
on 6 November 2014