Customer reviews

Who Pays the Piper
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 February 2012
This book is one of the best I have ever read. And yes, it will keep you on your toes to the very end. Make a flask and sit back, you will love it.

Now an important bit here. Please don't go on this authors' website. I went on the other day, and picked up a Trogan that stopped my computer, It cost me a load of cash to get it up and running again. I don't blame the author for this, as the Trojan came from Russia, and is linked to his website..Hope this helps you.

To be fair to Mackenzie Smith. The man answered my comment about the Trojan. I don't want to keep on about this, as it's about the book not the website. But Mackenzie is doing all he can to fix the problem. So not only is the book still the best I have read on this subject, but also this author is a great guy. Plenty of them wouldn't have had the time to spend on a customer. My thanks to this man. And I can't wait to be reading the next one, As there is going to be one. If I could have given this book 100 stars, I would have....
BUY IT... Not a waste of time.......
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 3 October 2011
This is a riveting read. It is unpretentious, realistic and gritty. Mackenzie Smith has managed to write an exhilarating SAS novel whilst maintaining a down-to-earth, no-nonsense tone. He has produced a highly believable plot and well defined characters you can identify with. I also found the (not excessive) detail about the guns, technology and tactics fascinating. Mackenzie Smith depicts the pain, discomfort and horrors that SAS soldiers confront so well you really feel you can get inside their skin. The pace of the novel is perfect; you are thrown in at the deep end straightaway and the novel builds pace to its satisfying conclusion. Perfect book for the lads... and girls like me, who like a good action thriller.
on 26 May 2013
Could not put this down a real fast moving SAS adventure, just loved it. Waiting for a new book from Mackenzie Smith.was really sorry when I came to the end great holiday read.
on 27 December 2013
superb story with good twists and turns but lost one star due to some basic errors with the spelling of some place names and weapons and a few other mistakes that should have been picked up pre publishing, not the writers fault but a little annoying all the same, still managed to read it in one sitting!!!! Definitely will get the 2nd book by the author
on 20 October 2012
found this book by chance and after five pages was totally gripped in a way I find happens only rarely. its certainly is a page turner - lucky me for finding it. Read it.
on 21 April 2012
If you like McNab or other such military thrillers written with authenticity and not over the top detail you will love this book, often military thrillers like this leave me cold and there are really only a few authors who keep me page turning. Next time he writes a book I will buy it immediately no questions asked. Just one more point, it would make a brilliant plot for a movie.
on 14 May 2012
This book is right up there with any Mcnab, Chris Ryan or Duncan Faulkner title I've read. It's gripping, brutally gritty, guts, blood, betrayal, honor, revenge and plenty of daring do, a real page turner - read this when you have a day to yourself because once the narrative gets going, you aren't going to want to be disturbed by anything!
on 24 March 2015
Not a bad read but could have done with some professional editing. Read a little like a first draft which, in the hands of a good editor, could have been turned into a top quality read. It's a great story.
on 19 March 2012
After reading the reviews i thought i would give this book a go and i am so glad i did! Gripping,violent and a rollercoaster of a ride which leaves you wanting more. Absolutely fantastic
on 7 March 2015
Great book, cannot put it down, please write more, I will certainly be reading them and look forward to the next.......