on 3 May 2017
The book is written in simple easy prose fashion and is an easy read but it is not suited for exams where you need to know things which are enumerated in a tabular fashion. Neither is it suited for pharmacokinetics or pharmacodynamics which are extensively tested on the board exams like USMLE.
on 19 July 2017
This wonderful book helped me to get a first for my exams! I pretty much ruined it with my highlighter - but if that's what it took for me to get a first - so be it! It covers EVERYTHING! It is extremely easy to understand.
It has really useful tables and diagrams which help you to comprehend everything. I basically based my revision of this book.
I couldn't have done it without it!
on 31 March 2017
It's been recommended by my lecturers on numerous occasions. My department follows Rang and Dale. Also I found this book very useful and impormative. Very easy reading and easy explanations of complex issues. This is a must have book for Pharmacology student.
#1 Book on my List.
on 1 November 2016
Great textbook, very useful for consolidating my learning of Pharmacology as part of my Medicine degree. Explained at a good level, contains all the right details, perfect for learning drugs. Would only say that the layout could contain more diagrams and is mainly large blocks of text and some areas could contain more detail on specific drugs, but its definitely adequate to prepare for medical exams
on 10 June 2017
This was one of out recommended reads and honestly, I see why! Its well written and my lecturer said that most pharmacology modules (for me) and degrees follow this book, so having it in your library is a must! It has very well detailed explanations of drug action. However, it can be a little heavy going in some places, especially with the maths, you might need to supplement that with explanations from perhaps your teacher just to clarify things here and there, but other than that, its a great book! really suggest you get it!
on 26 June 2012
This is the standard textbook of pharmacology. It has everything that you need in it, and is very detailed. It lists many named examples of drugs, their use and their common side effects for each class of drug (beta-1 agonist etc).

There are also diagrams to explain topics, such as the synthesis of noradrenaline.

However I would say that the content is sometimes not presented clearly, with the chapters being "thick" and to get the information requires a few reads.
on 29 April 2017
Bought this for my medical student daughter who assures me this is an essential reference book for those studying for an Mb CH b.
Arrived well on time and is currently being used for her final exams at the end of May.
on 22 March 2017
Excellent
on 26 November 2014
This is not the genuine Rang & Dale's pharmacology 7e, it is a fake, with half the pages and the accuracy is debatable. I had to purchase the genuine article from Speedyhen.
on 3 May 2011
This edition of the 'classic' pharmacology book is significantly thinner than its predecessor (the 6th edition published in 2007). When compared with the 5th edition (the only edition I have), the number of diagrams haven't changed significantly, despite the amount of material that has been edited. The style of Rang and Dale has not changed, so any keen fans of their series definitely won't be disappointed. There are around 3 new chapters, and some subchapters have been edited from the previous edition so they are their own chapters in this edition. Many chapters have been updated and many out-of-date or redundant drugs have been eliminated from the chapters.

However, the diagrams have more or less stayed the same between the different editions. Although the basic concepts are all the same throughout the different editions of the book, it would be nice to see some refreshing of the diagrams. The layout of the pages are not as spacious as the 6th/5th edition, but I personally rather have a thinner book on my shelf. The online access to this book is just a simple ebook version with a handy image library (with all the different diagrams/tables) - which may help for some, but not particularly helpful for me.

This book has many tables and diagrams to help with grasping the major pharmacological concepts that can be easily missed in lectures/PBL. Every (sub)chapter has a short introduction to the topic, preventing you from needing to have two-three textbooks open at the same time for any topic. I highly recommend this book for reading and learning from. However, this book is quite detailed for revision or last-minute learning. I would recommend R+D's Pharmacology Condensed (or even their flash cards) for the latter purposes.

If you have the 6th edition, I personally think it's a worthwhile investment to get the latest 7th edition if you can sell/loan your 6th edition at a price you'll be happy with. However, I'm very keen on having the latest editions of books - so my priority might be different from you as a reader of my reviews.

This book is awesome for medical students of any year. For pre-clinical years, this book is a great supplement text for lecture notes. For clinical/PBL years, this book makes a great resource for PBL and a great companion to the BNF for a more indepth description of the drugs.