on 16 February 2010
As I'm studying veterinary medicine, I wanted a book that I could keep and use...so I opeted for 'Introduction to Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology Textbook'.

It starts off with basic biology and chemistry, such as cellular structure and function, and goes on to tissues and such. I found this particuly useful in brushing up on anything from A/AS level and a bit beyond. all relavent to application in veterinary. The rest of the book covers mainly dogs and cats- skeletal, muscular, nervous, urinary, respiratory, endocrine and reproductive systems. And it's easily applicable to to other species...it helped me to learn the names of bones and different planes especially, as the diagarams are well thought out and very eay to follow; and they are often accompanied by x-rays pictures...so you can actually apply them to real-life.

The last few chapters cover exotics, other mammels, reptiles and fish, and horses; covering the same systems but applying them more directly. Again very useful.

At the end of the book is a 'test yourself' section where you can pick from the different chapters and check you know the stuff. Good if you want to check you covered everything.

Overall I found this book very useful for getting a basic grasp on many different topics, and it's been my first port-of-call on anything new. It explains everything clearly and is well thought out in my opinion. Ideal for a first or second year vet student/nurse (and other animal degrees I would imagine too...or if you have an interest but don't want anything too difficult to understand)...and useful if needed to look back in later years (I would imagine). Definetly worth the price, which is really good for a vet book!

Good Points:
Easy to follow and understand
Good diagrams
Covers alot of topics
Index is actually useful

Bad Points:
Only basic coverage of other animals (eg. horses)

However, I would still recommend this book to anyone.
on 8 March 2016
Everyone calls the BSAVA book the veterinary nurse bible, which in fairness yes its a must have, however, the Aspinall is MILES ahead when it comes to A&P!!
on 23 November 2015
A good book overall with many useful diagrams. Does contain some errors and contradictions, which could be confusing to students, and focus is more on anatomy than physiology, but still an important resource.
on 22 December 2015
BEST book on Animal Anatomy for learning! I am studying Level 2 Nursing Assistants and it has given me so much confidence with the topic. HIGHLY recommended
on 11 October 2017
The SVN's bible! This is an incredibly informative in-depth book that you will refer to constantly. It provides amazing information on all anatomical systems! A wonderful revision source as well!
on 3 February 2016
very helpful in my vet nursing studies
on 9 April 2017
An excellent book and highly recommended for anyone studying veterinary! You will need it!
on 7 November 2015
It's perfect for my vet nursing! It just goes into so much more depth than the practical nursing one for the anatomy. It has great diagrams I find it so helpful. So recommend highly.
on 25 October 2015
Good book although the cat and dog section doesn't actually cover the anatomy of a cat which is a bit misleading
on 12 November 2017
just what I needed very clear